southsheilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southsheilds

Me and 2 mates got down the end just before first light this morning,only one more on.Took half hour before first makeral was caught,then they were coming in slowly ones and twos dotted around the end which was filling up. couple of coalies and saw my first shad caught. Ended up with six each then went really quiet about sixish.We wandered down to the 1st gate to try a couple of casts with frozen rag a mate brought and maky.My mate had lovely bite 1st cast plaice 45cm then i got 1 38cm half hour later. Had a chat with waco off here,on his way on.Nice to meet you mateClick image for larger version

Name:	Photo0205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1525764

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0207.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1525765

Name:	Photo0210.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1525766

Name:	Photo0206.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1525767
    SPECIES CAUGHT 2012
    CODLING
    FLOUNDER
    WHITING
    COALY
    DAB
    EEL
    ROCKLING
    THORNBACK
    DOGFISH
    MACKERAL

well done mate, that plaice is stunning, probably the best markings ive ever seen.

Comment

Some nice fish there mate nice one.

Comment

I was lovely fish, cant take the glory though thats me mates one
        SPECIES CAUGHT 2012
        CODLING
        FLOUNDER
        WHITING
        COALY
        DAB
        EEL
        ROCKLING
        THORNBACK
        DOGFISH
        MACKERAL

Comment

Nice one m8t...good report and photos.
          John

Comment

Very nice Plaice..... just ate my last one from the freezer last night so about time I headed out to pick some up! lol
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

im hoping to get some mesel like today .....they are canny tasty ...hmmm grilled cajun plaice...
              Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
              Kompressor SS /slosh30
              tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Cajan Plaice? YOU HEATHAN!!! lol.
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

well done on your catch, perfect markings on your mates plaice!

Comment

cracking fish mate, well done to both of yer.

Comment

great pics and a lovely plaice my favourite fish. if you hav,nt a frying pan big enough it will fit in mine no prob.

you say you got it on salted rag i thought it would,nt fish wrong again i am.
                      did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

well done again on catching the plaice lads, nice to have met you as well, did you weigh the big plaice, after a spell at the end of pier and catching coley's tide got a bit strong so decided to have a go at first gate area for plaice but only managed to get coley's , a mate managed to get a canny flounder as well, but we got no plaice you must have got the only ones today.

Comment

Originally posted by waco View Post
                          well done again on catching the plaice lads, nice to have met you as well, did you weigh the big plaice, after a spell at the end of pier and catching coley's tide got a bit strong so decided to have a go at first gate area for plaice but only managed to get coley's , a mate managed to get a canny flounder as well, but we got no plaice you must have got the only ones today.
                          he must of been in right plaice bob.

sorry i could,nt help it.
                          Last edited by john/r; 18-06-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: added
                          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

plaice

bet u bought that one daz

Comment

couple of nice fish there lads and very nice photos,well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X