Hebburn codling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebburn codling

Me and mate peeagee fished hebburn quay today using frozen peeler, kicked off at 10:30 and at around 11:30 peeagee pulls this in:

Nice looking fish, at least 2lb, maybe 2 1/2

Sun was cracking the pavement down there so we had to chuck it at 13:00 and head for some refreshment.

Nice fish mate

Yeah. Canny sesh for the time we were there.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice fish lads, better than we done on friday.

Comment

Yeah about 7lb I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by peeagee View Post
          Yeah. Canny sesh for the time we were there.
          Ya never turned yer camera off mate, it's just been clickin away

Comment

well done,nice size cod

Comment

Well letting some one try to take a picture of me and that 8lb cod was a mistake. You don't need to light the magnesium these days. Just point and click.

Comment

Originally posted by peeagee View Post
                Yeah about 7lb I would say.
                7lb is that -7lb?

Comment

fishing for luckys

good one mate nice to see some one catching

Comment

No Kenny. I reckon it was at least 9lb. Had NASA drop some scales off. Promise

Comment

Nice one lads...
                      John

Comment

Me and my son fished Hebburn Quay for a couple of hours on friday and Saturday. We fished the boards that you can see in the photos and we pulled in three decent codling and three eels all on fresh crab. It seemed to be the leg and claw baits that they were going for. I've only just got back into fishing in the last few weeks after a six year lay off and have really enjoyed it, don't know why I never got myself before. I was shocked to see the state that area has got into over the years,a real shame because it was one of my favourite spots to fish the Tyne straight out of the car.
                        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
                          Me and my son fished Hebburn Quay for a couple of hours on friday and Saturday. We fished the boards that you can see in the photos and we pulled in three decent codling and three eels all on fresh crab. It seemed to be the leg and claw baits that they were going for. I've only just got back into fishing in the last few weeks after a six year lay off and have really enjoyed it, don't know why I never got myself before. I was shocked to see the state that area has got into over the years,a real shame because it was one of my favourite spots to fish the Tyne straight out of the car.
                          Yeah, agree mate, total shame. Can't remember exactly when the road was blocked off at the top of the bank but I'll guess 7 years ago. After that it has just been left for nature to take over, just can't understand why some money wasn't put in to maintain or regenerate it as a canny bit must have been ploughed in up at the marina end and alot of the public used to walk along there, not so many now I think. Until looking at the old moorings on the quay you wouldn't think that there must have been some sizable vessels docking up there.

Comment

It's always been a good catching spot for me. I wonder if it's because I collect the crabs from the same area. Might give it another shot tomorrow caught nowt at the Golden Lion on the Wear today.
                            People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Good luck mate.
                              It would be good to hear from anyone who has a bit knowledge of the hebburn quay's past.

Comment

Working...
                              X