mull of galloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mull of galloway

well i was at work on saturday and decided that me and my mate david should have a trip up to the mull of galloway so 1 oclock came as we headed to the tackle shops for bait etc... and off we went.

the further west we got the worse the weather was becoming until we actuyally got on the mull and things seemed alot brighter down to east tearbet and met a few other lads camping there and said there wasnt much coming in , we gave it ago anyway and owt with the float and spinners but the water was quite rough we managed 2 small pollock on the spinners but nowt on the floats so we decided to get ****ed instead.

had a crackin night in the clashwannon sharkatag party, woke up 9am and straight out with the spinning gear again my mate still asleep in the car with a hangover, but same thing again not a single fish wanted anything i threw their way.
    we decided on a move to port logan with a bait rod , floats and spinning but yet again nothing wanted what we had to offer, another move to kirkcudbright at the back of brighouse bay caravan park with the same tactics of 3 rods we sat patiently for a couple of hours, had a few takes on the float and the spinners but nowt on the bait rod so headed home empty handed

the weather was rubbish blowing a gale and raining most of the time whereas wor lass had been on the fone saying it was 27c in newcastle and we had 13c and no fish ....... just my luck

but worth the trip away GOTTA LOVE THE MULL OF GALLOWAY
    will be back next month hopefully with better results

Hard lines mate for alot of effort

Comment

Great report. I love it over there but haven't been for a while. Always find a good night on the Raz if nowt else.

Comment

unlucky, tough fishing... not what you want after a long drive.

i had my worst year ever at the mull this year... waste of a week. it rained sideways most of the time!!! relentless weather! we probably landed 30 pollack between our group all week..

couldnt even get a brekkie in mariners, shaun and sandra were on holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SirPsychoSexy View Post
          unlucky, tough fishing... not what you want after a long drive.

i had my worst year ever at the mull this year... waste of a week. it rained sideways most of the time!!! relentless weather! we probably landed 30 pollack between our group all week..

couldnt even get a brekkie in mariners, shaun and sandra were on holiday!!!
          Aye mate it was tough like there was a canny few people fishing tarbet that said they had a few pollock wrasse but mainly dogfish
          Us on the other hand tried 6 different marks and couldnt even manage a single doggy !!!

Comment

Working...
          X