N Shields Quay a question ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Shields Quay a question ????

Had a few hours off the fish quay this lunch time (tues) caught bu@@er all not even a bite, as we packed up a load of Chinese lads & lasses turned up and started to hoy in what looked like crayfish pots or small lobster pots. any ideas ??? they got very excited as the first pot came in there was a small shore crab in it , it went straight into box amid a lot of clapping and general back slapping, there were approx 6/7 pots ,,, god knows what would have happened if they caught an edible crab or lobster, any info on whats going on ?
    Tich

its becos everything they catch goes with rice
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

They where there last time i was down, with there small black lobster pots or whatever they are, i wonder if they need a licence for them?

Comment

where they not velvet swimming crabs ? i know they eat them with lice
        species so far :cod,whiting,coalie,dab,flounder ,plaice,3bearded rockling,mackeral,granny fish best for 2012 :6lbcod

Comment

definitely green shore crabs mate & you do have to have your pots tagged cheers
          Tich

Comment

Originally posted by tich View Post
            definitely green shore crabs mate & you do have to have your pots tagged cheers
            dont need a license for pots in harbour, thats wat I got told off the NORTH EAST FISHERIES COMMITEE, check if you want it may changed in the last 2 year

Comment

cheers

one of these days I'll have to have a go at dropping a pot whilst Im fishing, has any one had any luck with a pot off the quay or the piers ?
              Tich

Comment

pots

might give st marys ago if the weather improves a bit,leave a pot over the tide & see what happens
                Tich

Comment

Working...
                X