Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Arms 20/07/11

My first ever catch report on NESA,

Popped down as we missed the low tide at our normal mark (someone slept in)

Had some lovely peelers to chuck, other 2 mates went with rag

Had a fish off my first 3 casts, and got my first hat trick !

One rockling
    2 coalies

See below !

(oh and something rather bad happened on my first cast - stuck a 60-70 yard cast out nowt special, i watch the water for the lead hittin and about 3 seconds before it hits a seal pops his head up right in my line of fire, had to thumb the reel and hope it didn't hit it, but i think it did - but he took a dive and wasn't seen again - hope its ok)

bloody greedy rockling look at the size of the bait it's trying to neck !

biggest fish of the day but nothing to weigh with

Anyone fancy a guess at the weight of the one above ? No scales on that trip

Really hope that seal's ok, but a good couple hours all together
    Last edited by Phil83; 21-07-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: adding content

Well done on ur hatrick m8, we were down there last Sunday and blanked. Away up to Beadnell the day so hopefully there'll be some fish aboot!
    Jamie.

PB: 10lb 2Oz, Whitley Beach (5/12/12)

Comment

welldone nice pics aswell you can just the sea coming away shame no codling especially with ur crab.ps tell ur friend time & tide wait for no man can make the difference in catching and not catching lol
      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Well done on your catch and great 1st report and pics

Comment

nice one mate, some canny fish there. its welcome news to me as a couple of us going there sat afternoon / evening with a load of peeler. is it snaggy? wondering how much gear to take.

Comment

gud catch bud, shame tha no cod tho, hope u clonked that seal right inbetween the peepers the fish snatching t**t

Comment

Did u use reel mate? Everything areet? Canny Fish...
              GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Thanks lads appreciate the comments

Originally posted by craigmlormor View Post
                nice one mate, some canny fish there. its welcome news to me as a couple of us going there sat afternoon / evening with a load of peeler. is it snaggy? wondering how much gear to take.
                I found it to be rather snaggy but i used a plain sinker as you can see and i think i lost my rig on the last cast of the day.
                I was using a simple 2 hook flapper but only had one snood on , quite short maybe 8 inches and quite high up away from the lead, might want to take a few pulley rigs and grippers, i will next time

If you go down sat, there's a large rock nearer to the cliff that is above everything else, i placed myself on here and belted the bait out 12oclock. But if you have good crab you should be ok i think, mates on the rag had nowt all day ! Oh and every single fish i caught, i used limpits as bait stops, give it a go with and without !
                Seemed to be ok ! Hope you have a good sesh

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
                Did u use reel mate? Everything areet? Canny Fish...
                Alreet mate! The reel and the suit have been spot on bud cheers, i was't fishing with 2 rods that day but i have at hartley last week and the reel was cracking, and i was sweating my nuts off in that suit ! haha
                Last edited by Phil83; 21-07-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave the rave View Post
                  gud catch bud, shame tha no cod tho, hope u clonked that seal right inbetween the peepers the fish snatching t**t
                  haha, well i got my hat trick starting with that cast that clunked the seal, rockling came off that cast ! Maybe i scared him off eh !

Comment

bout a pound/pound n 1/4 id guess.
                    caught a flatty last night and that was the same ,eyes bigger than its belly.

Comment

Nice sesh mate.Not going to guess the fish weight but the gear used:-

Rod - Apollo MK3
                      Reel - SL30
                      Line - Sensor 20lb

Bored like

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                        Nice sesh mate.Not going to guess the fish weight but the gear used:-

Rod - Apollo MK3
                        Reel - SL30
                        Line - Sensor 20lb

Bored like
                        haha ! Spot on Gordon mate ! The rod and reel was a giveaway but the line? Now that is knowledge !

Comment

What about the Genie Links, Namix Leads, and Peeler Crab for bait. Great report and pics Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                            What about the Genie Links, Namix Leads, and Peeler Crab for bait. Great report and pics Phil.
                            Cheers Topfly ! And yes spot on also !
                            Ahh i've changed some of my tackle today, next catch report you's can all have another guess lol

Comment

Working...
                            X