Fishquay 22/7/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishquay 22/7/11

Well i went down the fishquay yesterday and had a mixed day. I got snagged several times although a couple of times i managed to get free. I lost a few bits and was considering just going to the tackle shop to buy weights hooks and bait and chucking them in the tyne (hence cutting out the middle man) when i managed to get something on the end of my line... I managed to land the mighty beast...well when i say mighty i mean small and when i say beast i mean a rockling
    removing the hook proved a little tricky as the little bugger wrapped itself around me hand but luckily a fellow angler was able to give me assistance.
    So despite losing gear i caught something, think i'll investigate other spots where i'm less likely to get snagged

HAHA mate I have thought's about cutting out the middle man a few times myself lol, at least you didn't blank.

Comment

Think of it this way mate, you caught the fish nobody ever catches. It's hungry for gear and the only thing you ever get In return it's parts of it. You guessed it you caught the earth :P every angler doesent want to hook this monster as most of the time they don't stand a chance, some come away with parts of it and they are the ones that are victorious :P
      Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by scouse eddy View Post
        I lost a few bits and was considering just going to the tackle shop to buy weights hooks and bait and chucking them in the tyne (hence cutting out the middle man)
        haha !

Comment

I fished it last night from 7.30 - 3.30 caught one coalie 37cm second cast then nothing till about 1 am when I got a cracking knock rod went again and I went for it started to reel in and I could feel it pumping thought yes I have a cracker here 4lb+ I got it so close then my ******* reel couldn't cope (abu garcia 7500i c3 ct) because I couldn't reel in it got snagged and after 5 min trying to get it free I lost it WHAT A TW*T
          Daniel Pescod

Comment

Working...
          X