Mixed bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed bag

Well me and dad decided to have a long day out fishing.
    We bought 20 peeler crabs and decided to start our day with the walkway
    we fished 2 pm till 6pm it was impossible to detect a bite
    any way I cast out for my third time.
    The wind died of for a second and my rod was going mental... as I was bringing in I said dad I have a massive fish here but I was wrong as it resulted with this mean looking fella.

A lobster! but for the rest of the day the walkway resulted in catching nout but fresh air. At 6pm we decided to move down to the tyne We were back up fishing again at 6:30 pm just by the ferry landing. the wind had died of completely and after 10 minutes of dads first cast he brought in a lovely 38cm coley about 1lb and a half then after about another 20 minutes he had another massive coley about 1lb 3/4 at 40 cm! I thought the lucky git but then after 15 minutes of that my rod was tapping a tiny little bite and that resulted in a flounder of 38cm and then finally smack smack my rod was going and at last I got a 37 cm coley at 1lb 1/2 I was over the moon! great days fishing...oh and btw this is my first report on NESA
    here's some pics.

Dad!...I think im snagged.... oh wait its a fish on!

Nice report mate. A canny day's fishing too. Well done.

Comment

Nice one Lenny!!!!

Comment

Well done Lenny (and dad) great report and pictures, no doubt there'll be many more in the future .. congrats, and welcome to NESA

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum , and a great first report

Comment

Aye it was a great day shame the wind at the walkway ruined it a bit, but some lucky sod got ya grans lobster for tea lol, well we didn't know she wanted it. Glad the wind dropped a bit at the brigham, and some fish showed up to take the disappointment out of the walkway.

Comment

well i make that 3-2 to you if ya count the lobster. showing your dad how its done again youngun great stuff lol
              Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

great report and great pics

them coalies at that size put up a great scrap on the right gear
                welldone lads

Comment

Great report and it was nice talking to you (that was me fishing from the Crane next to you). I pulled in a nice flounder just after chatting with you (30cm) then when you and your Dad left I moved to your spot and had nowt but crabs for the rest of the evening. Ah well. Nice to meet you anyway and try to leave me some fish next time

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
                    Great report and it was nice talking to you (that was me fishing from the Crane next to you). I pulled in a nice flounder just after chatting with you (30cm) then when you and your Dad left I moved to your spot and had nowt but crabs for the rest of the evening. Ah well. Nice to meet you anyway and try to leave me some fish next time
                    haha unlucky
                    well i think the shoal had moved of because it did go quiet before we left
                    nice meeting you to

Comment

Originally posted by Pete from shields View Post
                      haha unlucky
                      well i think the shoal had moved of because it did go quiet before we left
                      nice meeting you to
                      sorry that was me on my dads acount.
                      Dad!...I think im snagged.... oh wait its a fish on!

Comment

good bit fishing lads nice to see some good old competitive sport between father and son i can see some more good reports coming soon from yous
                        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Lovely sesh and brilliant report !

Comment

Great report young'un - keep them coming mate
                            <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

Pleased for you Lenny, welcome to NESA, good report and pics

Comment

Working...
                              X