Walkway 15/10/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkway 15/10/2011

Fished the Walkway on saturday, went down about 11am to catch low tide and stayed until about 10pm. Thought it would be packed when i got there but i could only see one person fishing at the top with his grandson. I setup as close to the top as i could without invading his space, popped a pennel on, baited up with bluey and rag (was waiting for my crab to defrost) and chucked in.

Was getting loads of tiny knocks on the rod but couldn't catch anything. The guy at the top was catching loads of tiny whiting so after about an hour of not catching anything i stuck a 2 hook flapper on with size 1 hooks, just for the sport really, didnt wanna blank.

The guy at the top left shortly after and i moved into his spot. I Was catching loads of whiting, sometimes on both hooks.

was just about to change back to my pennel as my crabs were suitably defrosted and i got a big knock on the rod, reeled in and it was a small coding (about 37cm, caught on rag). Got snagged like and i thought i had lost it, but i managed to get it in and just lost my sinker.

Decided to cast out again using just my 2 hook flapper while i was baiting up my pennel. When i reeled in i thought id caught a nice 2/3lb fish but it was a 40cm whiting on the top hook and a 45cm flattie on the bottom (caught on rag). Gave the flattie to the guys fishing next to me and kept the whiting.

After that it went quite, caught a few more small whiting but nothing sizable. Left about 10ish.

Nice sesh matey, good job the other guy done a one like eh

Comment

Great report Ron, look like you had some canny sport.

Comment

thats a nice codling

Comment

There's lots of whiting on diets about... I got one 42 cm and it was under a pound! couldn't believe it!
          Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post
            There's lots of whiting on diets about... I got one 42 cm and it was under a pound! couldn't believe it!
            Yea mine was under a pound, musta been watching its figure.

Does my bum look big in this... fishcake!

Comment

well done mate

Comment

class post m8 very informative and good pictures looks like you had a canny little session its mad that you only have to move a few yards to find the fish.
                You can only catch what's in front of you

Species of 2012: Eel pout, Whiting, Codling, Flounder, Dab, Coalie Eel, Rockling Launce, Pollock, Mackerel, Weaver Fish , Granny Fish.
                Species of 2013 Codling, Dab, Whiting,

Comment

Working...
                X