Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynemouth 16/10/11

Wey what a waste of time it was
    got on the beach at 11:30 with simo88, and davierob, and there was a canny surf before low water
    which died as the tide turned and the whole place became flat
    we moved 5 or 6 times and couldnt find the fish anywhere

stayed till 7pm and between the 3 of us we had 1 small knock all day , plenty lads down from about half 5 but most left same time as us
    bait was fresh and frozen crab fresh blakc frozen blacks mussell rag lug prawn and not a single bait worked

NIGHTMARE !!!!!

Fukkin hell m8. I've been blagging me m8s heed to fish up there! Ya post has probs changed me mind!!!
    Unlucky pal. Just gotta gt bk oot soon as poss 2 forget about the mare of a sesh!!!!
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Yeah some friends of mine were up there back end of last week - up & down the beach and not a fish anywhere Still, at least the sea's forecast to come away on wednesday, so it should bring some fish onto all the local beaches; unfortunately it's a high-tide week unless you can fish the low at daft o'clock in the morning.

Gary
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

It was a tough day ive always had fish from lynemouth
        Ive not seen any reports from last neet so dunno how it fished during darkness

Hopefully the sea comes away for a couple of days from wednesdaycoz a havnt got another day off untill sunday now

Comment

You got to be up there the night the fish are on in my experience, by the time we have heard about it and travelled up there, theres nowt !! ive done it a few times mate. Best just stay local and you will get some good fish if the swells arrive wed.

Comment

Fished Lynemouth on saturday 4 crabs and a big lump of seaweed in 4 hours moved to cambos loads of small whiteys after dark a cod of about 1 1/2 lb returned all. there was some lads with a bonfire fireworks and fishing rods didn't see them catch.

Comment

Hard lines on the mare mate, happens to everyone once in a while I suppose. You'd have thought yer would have picked up something like with the bait variation.

Comment

unlucky m8 sounds bad hopfully u will get summit next time

Comment

You cant always have a great session a supose but 1 fish wuda been nice

Comment

was there with a mate on thurs had 1 for 3.6lb my mate had 1 the same stamp and we both lost much bigger fish on the way in was a canny night

Comment

Hello David,
                      Hard lines but don't despair there will be a Northerly sea running from wednesday so things should pick up even with the smaller tides.
                      I was there on Friday night (well very early on the sat morning!) as I couldn't sleep after coming off my nightshifts.
                      It was pretty flat with only a bit of surf so I didn't realy expect much but I ended up with a couple of codling.

Fingers crossed and tightlines, Ian.

Comment

fished there sat night 9pm till 3am very slow but managed to pull 2 coley out that were just size once the sea is away it should fish better . couple of nice fish there Ian well done

Comment

i was on the beach last nigh pretty wild in more ways than one, very windy and heavy rain and after 8 fish between two of us in 2.5 hrs 4 flatties one nice size 2 rockling and two coleys what appeared to be a car lights were visible half way up the beach (prob opposite the gypsie camp), which soon went out and you could see a couple of head lamps and then 5 mins later a massive fire which i can only assume was the car!! with our car parked in the laybye after the bridge we took the view that if it was not already our car that we did not want it to be so called it a night!!!

Comment

me and a mate fished there on saturday afternoon and never caught nowt
                            am sure we were just along from you david

Comment

Originally posted by garry View Post
                              me and a mate fished there on saturday afternoon and never caught nowt
                              am sure we were just along from you david
                              We were there sunday mate

Comment

Working...
                              X