st peters last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• st peters last night

Took some good advice from nesa members and decided to fish st peters from 7 until 10 last night

its a good mark and one that i will be fishng again as it is well lit and you can literally fish from your car if you wanted to and even better than that its not too snaggy

was quiet for the first hour then at around 8 the bites started. I didnt see my first knock just heard it as my rod bounced around the rails but calmed down as was reeling in and pulled in whiting umber 1, the biggest ive caught yet and im guessing was around the 1lb mark or just over.

I took four smaller whiting during the next hour and three quarters or so and the majority of the time was just fishing with the one rod. I left as high tide was approaching at 10pm. I've no doubt there was more fish to be caught if id have stayed longer and for someone else who might have fished with 2 rods and been a bit quicker baiting up.

from the times my hooks came back with the bait stripped i gained some valuable experience and learned some lessons about bait presentation for the next time i manage to get out.

baits used were mackerel and runny down used a variety of different ways, to be honest i think mackerel on its own would have been just as good.

no pics im afraid as my phone ran out of battery about half an hour in

thanks for the advice everyone

Well done, you're right about bait presentation, whiting can strip a hook. Try smaller baits and whipping them on with bait elastic cos when the whiting start in shoals you can hit plenty. Good luck

Comment

only ever fished it once....and i will look forward to fishing it again ...very comfy... did u notice the sinker and trace hanging from the lampost?
      Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
      Kompressor SS /slosh30
      tt sport /525 mag

Comment

also be wary of dogs.....one of em had my mackerel fillet away when i was staring at rod tip.....apart from that i think its a spot on place to fish ...was speaking to some bloke who majority of fish there are whiting /flatties....coalies and codling if u r really lucky
        Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
        Kompressor SS /slosh30
        tt sport /525 mag

Comment

nice catch well done mate where is peters basin ???

Comment

Originally posted by big dave View Post
            nice catch well done mate where is peters basin ???
            its a marina on the tyne mate

Comment

well done mate
              Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
              X