Daybreak Sunday 23rd Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daybreak Sunday 23rd Oct

Headed out to catch the last few hours of the morning tide, got to the end of the pier just after 4am with another lad. couple lads been on since 11pm and had whiting and were just packing up and left. A couple of casts and a few small knocks and i was into whiting of a decent size and a few small stuff as well.

At dawn and the tide well down i had a decent knock and struck into something a bit better but after a dozen turns it went to ground, give it some slack and cleared the snag and got my gear back but lost the fish .

Recast and pulled in a codling just over a 1lb, rebaited with blacks, fresh lug and crab and after 10 mins another good knock resulted in a nice codling 4lb half. Had a whiting after that and by then it was getting to 9am and headed for home.

Walking off i noticed a full string of lobster pots had been washed up on the rubble.

Last edited by Davey-m; 23-10-2011, 10:05 AM.

Nice fish m8 Well Done.

john.
    One More Hoy

Comment

great report and pics well done. where bwts was it you were fishing looks good mark.

Comment

Originally posted by bill craggs View Post
        great report and pics well done. where bwts was it you were fishing looks good mark.
        End of South Shields pier mate.

Comment

The pots have been there for a long time mate.
          In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
          Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
          Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Nice report and pics mate, some canny fish there for tea.

Comment

well done mate nice fish were there any lobsters in that wold have a nice bonus lol

Comment

brilliant davey lad lovely fish ya doing well lately son keep bringing fish home like that and her indoors will let you out even more.
                Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
                  brilliant davey lad lovely fish ya doing well lately son keep bringing fish home like that and her indoors will let you out even more.
                  She didnt know i went untill she woke up on sunday morning, i couldnt sleep had cod on the brain lol. But i have promised to take her out this saturday to keep her sweet so might manage to sneak in a couple more session before then.

Comment

Nice fish mate, well done.

Regards Rushy

Comment

Working...
                    X