B.A Car park today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.A Car park today

Fished the British Airways car park this afternoon from 2.00 to 4.30. For the first hour I was really busy with the rod rattling every cast. I missed loads of fish but they seemed to be nibbling and backing off instead of grabbing the baits. First cast I caught a decent Flounder then 2 casts later landed a good size Whiting. Another slightly bigger flounder followed a few minutes later and I thought I was in for a good number of fish. Then at the top of the tide around 3 o'clock the bites just stopped, it was like someone just flicked a switch and the fish were gone. Loads of weed and rubbish came washing down the river after that and I decided to pack up.
    As always it was nice and quiet down there and no snags at all, there wasn't even many cyclists sneaking up on me like they normally do.
    I fished with my super cheapo skinny rod and a small multiplier, great sport with the lighter gear, especially from the Whiting. Bait used was Mackerel from the freezer, so a good, cheap couple of hours out
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Good session, nice to get a few fish on cheap bait. There must be a lot of dead leaves on the river bed now. Was when I fished walker last week.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

well done on ur catch good to get out and a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
        There must be a lot of dead leaves on the river bed now. Was when I fished walker last week.
        There were loads of leaves among the sea weed going down the river as the tide went out but I didn't pull any in off the bottom.

Comment

Its got its ups and downs fishing there. Canny spot close to your car. Cyclists can be a pain in the ar--. One thing i have noticed though is really nice totty passing by ha ha.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

It would be responsible of the cyclists to have a bell fitted to their bikes to at least let you know they are coming, afterall it is a public waterfront and not just a cycle path. Have the same problem at Church bank at hebburn with the cyclists scowling when they have to go round you at 25mph.
            Didn't see any supermodels down there today, just a few oddballs with dogs.

Comment

Aye fishing for the flatties is murder in the summer from this spot.

It must also be the nearest mark to my home here in Consett.

Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

im a fisherman and a cyclist and i actually ride past there often on my way up to wylam trying to get fit as i did today and all ille say is some fishermen can be a pain in the arse 2 with stuff all over the path and its like a obstacle course 2 negotiate [ not saying its u btw lol ] also as you are just about to go round them they think its funny to pick rod up and stand back , as you said its a public footpath and its actually part off the c2c cycle way called hadrians way and its like every thing else we gotta learn to share but were human so we just moan instead lol

Comment

One thing i have noticed though is really nice totty passing by ha ha.

HAHA, thats why I Fish there alot really, its not the Fishing...HAHA...
                  GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishless View Post
                    some fishermen can be a pain in the arse 2 with stuff all over the path
                    Agreed. It works both ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X