Hebburn marina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebburn marina

Hello fellas,I'm looking to fish Hebburn soon and by the looks of it the marinas fishing well however I don't know where it is, I know the police landing but that's it, any directions or other spots in Hebburn would be most appreciated.

Thanks fellas

Tight lines

take the same road as the police landing but follow it heading up the tyne till you hit a mini roundabout and cant go any further other than left or right follow it all the way down and round to the right you will see the new decking on your right you need to drive further up to pass the boat moorings

Comment

police launch red circle follow the red line to the marina

Comment

Originally posted by lug View Post
        take the same road as the police landing but follow it heading up the tyne till you hit a mini roundabout and cant go any further other than left or right follow it all the way down and round to the right you will see the new decking on your right you need to drive further up to pass the boat moorings
        And you can keep going till the end of the road where there are barriers and parking places, then leg it past the barriers down to the quay (200yds or so).

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
          And you can keep going till the end of the road where there are barriers and parking places, then leg it past the barriers down to the quay (200yds or so).
          Or fish the grass bank on the right, which seemed to be the thing to do today.
          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

no way would i leave my car would rather do as fishingmark says and fish the grass bank out the boot of the car there was a lad doing that monday out of a zafira would have myself but got not tripod atm

Comment

I was referring to the earlier post by Micky-Quayle.

Comment

Deffo agree with you's at night, to many smack head's flying around down there, OK in the morning or afternoon though when the aforementioned are out of action.

Comment

It was great 10 years ago when you could drive all the way down to the quay and fish out of the back of the car. You got the odd burned out stolen car abandoned down there from time to time but it was usually clean and tidy.
                  It is a disgrace how it has been left to rot.

Comment

I usually fish on the very right hand corner of the new decking. Right next to the little slip way. I'm guessing that's no good??
                    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
                      It was great 10 years ago when you could drive all the way down to the quay and fish out of the back of the car. You got the odd burned out stolen car abandoned down there from time to time but it was usually clean and tidy.
                      It is a disgrace how it has been left to rot.
                      Yep, especially when you think of all the dosh spent on the marina end.

There's another option if you want to fish the quay at night and not leave yer motor at the mercy of the smacks, If you drive up from Jarrow past reelsport and the clock keep going all the way and through the lights at Hebburn town centre, keep going straight up Victoria road west and chuck a right straight after the Hebburn AFC sports ground, go down to the end and you can park up in relative safety as it's quite residential down there. Then go over the metro line crossing and straight down and you'll come to the road barrier and parking spaces I mentioned earlier. It's not very far.

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
                        I usually fish on the very right hand corner of the new decking. Right next to the little slip way. I'm guessing that's no good??
                        Depends on tide, time and bait used. Same bit of river.
                        Nice and comfy on that corner. I've never caught much there but I tend to fish the quay end. Usually get our lass to drop me off so I don't have to leave the car there.

Comment

Thanks very much for the info fellas it's a huge help and much appreciated, I'm gonna have a drive down tomorrow for a look around

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                            Yep, especially when you think of all the dosh spent on the marina end.

There's another option if you want to fish the quay at night and not leave yer motor at the mercy of the smacks, If you drive up from Jarrow past reelsport and the clock keep going all the way and through the lights at Hebburn town centre, keep going straight up Victoria road west and chuck a right straight after the Hebburn AFC sports ground, go down to the end and you can park up in relative safety as it's quite residential down there. Then go over the metro line crossing and straight down and you'll come to the road barrier and parking spaces I mentioned earlier. It's not very far.

great info mate thanx for that

Comment

Originally posted by lug View Post
                              great info mate thanx for that
                              Glad to be of help Lug. Should have said the street you go down is South Drive. If you google map it you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X