cambois last night 3 bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cambois last night 3 bass

fished 2 hours before high tide and an hour after resulted in robert having a bass around 1nd a half lb then i had 1 just after small about 1lb then half hour later i had another around 21/2 lb not to mention loads of flatties and a coalie
    Attached Files

well done mate , you didnt keep those small bass did you?
    PLACES IVE FISHED..

CHESIL BEACH DORSET, PORTLAND ROCKS DORSET, DUNGEONESS BEACH KENT, PORTHCAUL WALES,
    BLACKWATER ESTUARY ESSEX, HAYLING ISLAND

Comment

good catch and im sure they will sit well in the pot!

they look pretty dead to me lol
      Bring
      Out
      Another
      Thousand

Comment

hope they were returned ok, take a long time to mature like!!!

Comment

I think the NESA has to pull there finger out and inform people of legal size.
          Sea Fish Size Limits - NFSA Size Limits - Sea fishing - Sea Angling Resource
          Well done on the fish mate just hope you take a copy of the size limits with you from now on.
          We want to have bass in the north east put them back let them grow and reproduce

Comment

Originally posted by gary-b View Post
            fished 2 hours before high tide and an hour after resulted in robert having a bass around 1nd a half lb then i had 1 just after small about 1lb then half hour later i had another around 21/2 lb not to mention loads of flatties and a coalie
            should be ashamed,,,,,so called anglers,,,,,,

Comment

as long as they were 41cm i cnt personally see the problem, good catch mate.

Comment

as somebody posted in the other topic about about legal fish sizes, defra use different size limits to nfsa. defra say 36 cm which my local club use and the other 41 cm, all of them fish will be well over 36 cm so i dnt see the problem to be honest

Comment

nowt wrong with taking fish home for ya tea if they are size.

Well done marra.

Says 36 cm on this one.

Recommended Retention Size Limits (RRSLs) & DEFRA Minimum Landing Sizes (MLSs)
                  Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Nice catches well done mate some cracking bass there, as said 36cm for bass and they look well sized to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman View Post
                      well done mate , you didnt keep those small bass did you?
                      i kept the biggest 1 in the 1st photo and the smaller 1 got relesed well swam away champion and i also kept the 1 in the second photo .. and i cannot see what people are jumping into conclusions of thinking they were dead or that i kept them all if you werent there to see what happened why make it an issue ?

Comment

Originally posted by billyturbot View Post
                        should be ashamed,,,,,so called anglers,,,,,,
                        whats to be ashamed of ? i dont see why we should be

Comment

Originally posted by gary-b View Post
                          whats to be ashamed of ? i dont see why we should be
                          Don't get wound up about it mate, there obviously just s.h.i.t stirrers , and obvioisly cannot help thereselves as you caught two canny bass and they didn't, they're the ones who should be ashamed matey. You just keep fishing mate, av seen both pics and both fish easily look on size or oversize.

Well done on ya fishies and ya cracking session.
                          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

nice bass there but i agree with rocketman, to me bass under 41cm should be put back as thay are slow growing fish. and we as anglers have a responsibility to help the fish in every way we can and as for defra thay haven't a clue as there are not an angling body like nfsa.

Comment

Congratulations on the bass Gary.
                              Well done on making the decision to return the smallest but equally well done on keeping the other two for the table.

Regards Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X