The Walkway and pier Friday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walkway and pier Friday Night

My son Mark and I headed to South Shields last night and decided to fish the Walkway. We got there about 5 o'clock but we couldn't get our usual spot on the corner at the Groyne end as it was quite busy so we had to fish further up. We stayed for two hours and didn't get a bite. We saw one decent Codling a bit further down but that was it.
    We packed up and went round to the pier and set up on the Slab about half way to the first gate. It looked promising when I caught a codling first cast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1526169

It was just over the two pound mark I reckoned and felt much heavier coming in.
    We took the pic then it went back to fight another day. That was it, nothing else. We stayed until about 9.45 but with the lack of action headed home for a few cans and An Idiot Abroad. It was an odd night weather wise, it was almost warm with a sea fret and some light rain but no wind thankfully. There were a few still coming on to the pier when we left but most people leaving said they had caught very little.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

well done mate..................at least its there for another day

Comment

Looks a cracking fish Mark well done mate, when I catch it, its going with mushy peas and chips.

Comment

well done on the codlin bud ,n pleased the weather was better for you..i got soaked yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete from shields View Post
          Looks a cracking fish Mark well done mate, when I catch it, its going with mushy peas and chips.
          Thanks Pete. Sorry for running off the other day, I was only going to the cashpoint and I expected you to still be in the shop when I came back but Terry said you'd gone.

Comment

Originally posted by skiny View Post
            well done on the codlin bud ,n pleased the weather was better for you..i got soaked yesterday morning.
            Unlucky with the weather mate. The forecast said it would cheer up in the afternoon and they were right for once

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
              Thanks Pete. Sorry for running off the other day, I was only going to the cashpoint and I expected you to still be in the shop when I came back but Terry said you'd gone.
              No probs bud, I was just in for some hooks to make up some rigs, I had a quick chat with Terry then headed home to make my rigs I wasn't sure how long you would be.

Give me a shout sometime for a session if you fancy it, maybe you are luckier than me on picking fishing spots lol. I'm still chasing my first cod tried this morning but blanked lol.

Comment

well done on the cod m8 itv saved a blank not like me lately i couldnt buy a cod at the mo lol

Comment

welldone mate nice fish hope theres plenty more for you

Originally posted by PAUL1971 View Post
                  well done on the cod m8 itv saved a blank not like me lately i couldnt buy a cod at the mo lol
                  a can sell ya some frozen fillets if thats any good
                  Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Thanks lads. Just a lucky one cast really, but I was quite chuffed that the change of venue did the trick instead of plodding on at the same place which I have been guilty of before.

Comment

Working...
                    X