South Shields pier 6/11/11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Shields pier 6/11/11.

Alright lads. Decided re-visit South Shields today looking for a big Cod.
    No Cod but caught my first Lobster. Little fella went back.

After a few hours of blanking and moving up and down the Pier my mate Ian arrived after work. He went the seaward side into some canny lookin surf and came up with this rare fella on virtually his first cast. A turbot.Caught on macky and rag.

I was pleased as by now i was fed up with blanking. The day wore on and the tide fell back and we both fished into the seaward side. I caught this canny Flounder.

We then started to catch Coalies and whities at a regular pace but ended the night with a free firework display.
    All in all a good day.
    Tight lines Mick. Ps thanks to Terry at Reelsports for some nice bait.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

WOT a cracking fish nice cach ther ;D happy fishing
    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Good report Mick, lad I used to work with is still waiting for a good sized turbot for him. Don't use your mojo up for Kent

Comment

nice one,i fished there yesterday and got nowt,he must be a propper angler

sless

Comment

Peter Ian is one of the Northumbria lads. He,s a really good angler and has a habit of catching good fish. Las time on he caught a nice Wrasse.
          Sless i nearly gave up mate. Decided to stick it out as Ian was meeting up at 2:30.

Mick.

Comment

Great report and well done on your catch.

Comment

Well done on your catch.

Regards Rushy

Comment

Well done on yer first lobber mate and I've never seen a turbot thing of shields before so well done again.

Comment

Nice catch mate. Superb quality of pictures too.
                  PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Aye and with my old samsung digital camera which the missus gave up on years ago.
                    Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                      Aye and with my old samsung digital camera which the missus gave up on years ago.
                      Mick.
                      No Mick. It was you she gave up on ha ha

Comment

Working...
                      X