A couple of codling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of codling

Hi lads popped out last night for a couple of hours to fish the low water on Lynemouth beach. It was quite rough and looked ideal for a fish or two.
    There's a big long hole on the beach up at the North end and I decided to try there.

Quite bright at times with a near full moon which I don't like on the beach, the darker the better for me.

Bang on low tide and a slackliner produced a nice plump codling around 3lb to crab and yellowtails.

Here we go I thought. Flood tide equals fish.

The tide starting creeping up the beach filling the hole further but no fish! Phoned my pal Sixo who told me to move along the beach 50 yds and guess what another fish.

This one smaller than the first but it pulled the rod tip right over like a bigger fish would.

Think there would have been more to catch but this was a shortish session for me and I was off home about an hour and half into the flood. Work beckons!

It's not been as good a start this cod season for me due to lack of time but those couple of codling have certainly bucked my spirits up, here's to many more. Tightlines lads.

Nice sesh matey, couple of nice looking fish.

Comment

Nice 2 jv I never get any luck there
      Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

nice couple of fish jv
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done Dave. Couple nice looking fish mate.
          Mick.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

well done on ur fishes
            Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
            Kompressor SS /slosh30
            tt sport /525 mag

Comment

couple nice stamp fish dave m8 hope more to come soon
              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

welldone Dave on the fish mate ...
                Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Nice one Dave. Couple of nice coddies there.
                  Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Well done Dave;

Comment

Working...
                    X