The Slab today 12/11/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Slab today 12/11/11

My son Mark and I fished the Slab on South Shields pier today around the 13 mark. We got there about 2 o'clock and second cast caught a Codling which felt over three pounds but I didn't weigh it. That one went back and I had high hopes of catching some more but even after dark there were no more Cod. We had 5 Whiting and what I was told was a Sea Lamprey, also landed a Lobster which had almost pulled my rod off the stand, it lost it's remaining clawbut went back in to grow some more.
    Excellent day out with lovely weather and fish to keep us entertained, roll on next weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1526193

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0126.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1526194
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

well dun mate hope theres a few there for tommorow

Comment

well done mate.... the pink thing is an hagfish or a devowerer. they are similare to lampreys. but lamprey atach them selves to the sides of fish and suck blood that way, the hagfish on the other hand goes up the cods bumhole and eats them from the inside out. they are horrible and leave slime alover.

Comment

Well done on your catch and release Mark, that hagfish was after your fishbait.

Comment

heard of the slab mentioned a few times were about is this on the pier if you dont mind me asking,

and nice conditioned codling m8 well done.
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
            heard of the slab mentioned a few times were about is this on the pier if you dont mind me asking
            It's just the start of the pier up to the first gate.

Comment

nice fish mate well done

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
                It's just the start of the pier up to the first gate.
                thanks for that m8.
                did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Hi mate, we were just down a bit from you yesterday, had a good mixture also, codling, coalies, whiting, dab, flounder and rockling.

Nothing of any great size but good sport non the less, and a great day to be out.

Comment

Originally posted by garyp View Post
                    Hi mate, we were just down a bit from you yesterday, had a good mixture also, codling, coalies, whiting, dab, flounder and rockling.
                    Don't forget the crabs! There were plenty of them as well.

Comment

Well done Mark that's a cracking fish well the cod that is lol that other leech looking things not so.

Comment

Cheers, That Hagfish was horrible and slimy, Mark caught it but I got the job of unhooking.
                        Did you get my PM last week Pete?

Comment

Yeah cheers mate just replied to it, I haven't been on for a while I been keeping myself busy after quitting smoking. Its funny how we get the cr@p jobs of unhooking "THINGS" the kids catch while they just enjoy catching lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X