Hartley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartley

Was workin at Seaton Sluice today and had me bait in the car park down from the Deleval Arms (i think its called), seen a couple of lads diggin but there looked like some good shots down there at low water.
    Never fished owa there myself but wouldnt mind a steer from some of the locals please
    When God made time he made loads of it.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

From the car park, turn left along the cliffs until you find the corner looking over Colywell, this is a crag, called “The Crag” or “Crag Point” and can be fished at high water when there’s not too much movement.

Down the steps to the right of the car park leads to Hartly, which can also be a reasonable spot at high water. At low water you can get on to the Crescent rocks to the south side of the bay; the skeer to the north looks OK but I’ve not had much from there.

If the tide is big, you can get onto the Hartly Island in front of the bay by going over the rocks to the south side. Watch your back as the tide floods and the island gets cut off. All the low water marks are exposed and not somewhere to fish if there’s any swell.

Comment

Cheers Mate, it was those rocks to the south i was lookin at and agree that island looked good, if not a bit ropey on the flood.

Comment

hey

this spot is called charlies gardens mate the crag is the best mark here you cant miss it its a big cliff sticking out of the south side of the bay. you can also park at the start of the path the turn off past delaval arms its a high water mark pretty deep water aswell one of my mates had a 11lb there a couple of years back good mark i fish it alot.

Comment

Some cracking marks down there m8, as prev mentioned the crescent skeer & the island, 2 cracking l/w marks. And to the left/north (before the point) you also have hartley skeer & the broken leg. The ground can be pretty heavy so expect some loss, but its worth it for the stamp of fish you can catch.
          Got some nice reddies there this past summer.

I was down there last week for couple hours either side of l/w and seen some bait collectors on the beach then too. Not somewhere I have tried digging tho.

For a tip, try and get a bait into the hole in the crescent as soon as possible on the ebbing tide.
          Also if you want to fish the broken leg, fish on a neap tide as it dries out to quickly on bigger tides.
          Last edited by COD-O-MATIC; 17-11-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the info lads, very much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X