No announcement yet.

Marsden Bay (stone steps), 29/11/2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marsden Bay (stone steps), 29/11/2012.

Hi all.

With me having been given bait and also had some spare from me match last nite, a tempted me good pal bob.p (waco) to join me on a couple hours fishing somewhere oot of that cold and powerful wind. We decided to fish the bottom of the stone steps at marsden, next to the old lifeguard hut. We got doon around 4.15pm and there was already a guy there, a novice, who had beaten us there by 30mins! Anyways we began our session.

Things where very slow considering there was quite a canny little sea running. The guy next to us landed an undersize coalie, then around an hour later I kickstarted the fishing by catching a small but very chubby n greedy 5-bearded rockling. Another hour passed and I managed another fish, this time a well sized whiting, which i unfortunatley had to dispatch and give away to the lad next to us as it really engulfed the hooks... . Around 20mins later waco landed his only fish of the session, another sizable whiting, which was happily returned alive .

Was gettin very chilly down there, lovely clear sky (no lucky shooting stars though ). We packed up around 8.20pm and called it a nite. Not a bad few hours fishing, and we didnt blank thankfully.
    South Shields & District SAC

Oops just noticed av put the wrong date haha, am fishing a year ahead of meself!
    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

At least yas caught, good to hear bob's out after all that sh*t the other day.

Comment

Novice?. please clarify

Comment

Originally posted by codonly View Post
          Novice?. please clarify
          Just a guess mate, but it's probably someone who keeps chucking over you, every 2 minutes, never changes the half preserved rag on the hook, has a thin adidas hoody on and uses a zipplex

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
            Just a guess mate, but it's probably someone who keeps chucking over you, every 2 minutes, never changes the half preserved rag on the hook, has a thin adidas hoody on and uses a zipplex
            just a alad who has just fishing a few weeks, he seemed ok and doing o k
            and casting pretty srtraight i would say and casting a decent distance judging how long he took to reel in

Comment

sounds fimiler

sounds like a mate of mine adam123 aahaha

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
                Oops just noticed av put the wrong date haha, am fishing a year ahead of meself!
                did you have DELOREAN with you must of to get that far in to the future can l come next time l dont mind sitting in the back and how did bob manage them steps it must of killed him getting back up

Comment

Originally posted by curtis.dunn View Post
                  sounds like a mate of mine adam123 aahaha
                  I'm offended.......................................... .................................................. ..............................
                  you called me mate

Comment

Originally posted by waco View Post
                    just a alad who has just fishing a few weeks, he seemed ok and doing o k
                    and casting pretty srtraight i would say and casting a decent distance judging how long he took to reel in
                    There you go codonly, clarification.

Comment

Some of the best fishermen in the north east use ziplex, so you can't judge the lad on that like.

Comment

Originally posted by nrgjim View Post
                        did you have DELOREAN with you must of to get that far in to the future can l come next time l dont mind sitting in the back and how did bob manage them steps it must of killed him getting back up
                        cheeky jim, it took me 9 minutes stopping twice carrying all me gear and one of those square buckets 3/4 full of water so there

Comment

just aswell there was now one there to talk to on the way up bob it would have taking u 3 hours lololololoo

Comment

novice

wot makes a novice the tackle you use or the amount of fish you catch ?

Comment

Originally posted by scott1 View Post
                              wot makes a novice the tackle you use or the amount of fish you catch ?
                              I would guess neither of the above, but maybe "length of time" fishing?
                              Building up experience and turning it in to knowledge over an extended period of time = opposite to novice.
                              Last edited by COD-O-MATIC; 30-11-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X