Sunderland old pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland old pier

Fished from half three til half seven today. Had about a dozen whiteys, biggest went pound and half gutted. Kept four and the rest went back. Had mussel, lug and mackie, but all but one was caught on just mackie. Could have saved mesel eight quid. Very canny sesh, but by the time I left, it was like the mackie were in, chocka block with eejits. Some canny lads as well tho.

Not a bad sesh matey. Nowt worse when the place gets chocker with iots though

Comment

Aye I was down there today from 11.30 till 4.30,few small whities on rag and lug seems that mackie is the bait for the whities down there.i decided to go when I saw a couple of lads with one rod between them and a carrier full of fosters.talked to a couple of lads while down there ..good craic.had a good session apart from the lack of decent fish.

Comment

i was on the end with my mate,we did quite well i had 30+ fish double shotting them most casts ..... best one was 1lb 12oz ...
        Attached Files
        Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Had a look down there and decided to give the beach a bash. Had a dozen between me and a mate. All mine on some manky old rag from last Friday. YTs, flatties and rockling. Nowt of any size.

another pair nearer the pier were getting coalies. Not a bad night, just good to get out - not blanking helps.

Comment

Well done lads, going to take my 9 year son down there after work. Hopefully there will be plenty of sport to keep him occupied. Hoping to get near teh corner overlooking the marina. If not well fish off the ramp in front of the yatch club.

Regards Rushy

Comment

Should of went down there tonight,it will be empty.......because roker pier opened up at 3.00,staying open for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by lambtonworm View Post
                i was on the end with my mate,we did quite well i had 30+ fish double shotting them most casts ..... best one was 1lb 12oz ...
                Some nice fish there mate, pain in the ar$e gutting, filleting, skinning and boning but there tasty when cooked.

Comment

ah look a gaggle of whiting
                  KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Seems to be a lot of dead fish that would be next years breeding stock
                    Big one is excepted of course
                    Just me ... I would have returned the lot and still enjoyed the session

Comment

Originally posted by watersedge View Post
                      Seems to be a lot of dead fish that would be next years breeding stock
                      Big one is excepted of course
                      Just me ... I would have returned the lot and still enjoyed the session
                      at the end of the day,i only take the fish i need for the table and on the night returned over 20 fish,unfortunately whiting generally die when returned,on a conservation note i wouldnt worry about breeding stocks of whiting as they are one of the few species in abundance and actually on the increase due to very little predaction from our dwindling cod stocks,as well as being a extremely fast growing species and of little interest to the commercial fleet,an exception are the scandanavian boats which harvest many tons of whiting in the northern north sea to produce fish pellets and fish meal to supply fish farms and agriculture .....
                      Last edited by lambtonworm; 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM.
                      Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

I entirely agree with your points and wish we could do more to influence the 'commercials' to adopting the new net size before the legislation in 2014
                        Shore anglers are a minor factor but I have caught over 100 fish this year and but for 2 sized cod every one went back alive ...

Hope it doesnt come across as any more than a desire to join in with stock conservation just I've seen some idiots on Roker pier and the ratty necking the fukin lot for the cat or summatt of which in truth I reckon loads end up in the bin

Comment

Originally posted by watersedge View Post
                          I entirely agree with your points and wish we could do more to influence the 'commercials' to adopting the new net size before the legislation in 2014
                          Shore anglers are a minor factor but I have caught over 100 fish this year and but for 2 sized cod every one went back alive ...

Hope it doesnt come across as any more than a desire to join in with stock conservation just I've seen some idiots on Roker pier and the ratty necking the fukin lot for the cat or summatt of which in truth I reckon loads end up in the bin
                          I congratulate you on realising that far too many have not got the foggiest about either conservation or preservation mate. But, as for the shore angler being a minor factor, you may get a little surprise from reading the following that was dated quite a while ago

A report into the value of Recreational Sea Angling was commissioned from Drew Associates by DEFRA.

Published in July 2004, it calculated that the direct spend by Recreational Sea Anglers in England & Wales amounted to £538 million, and the total worth of the sector could be some £1.3 billion.

The report can be downloaded from:

A report into the UK fishing industry, produced by the prime ministers strategy unit also contains information about the Recreational Angling sector.

It values the recreational sector as being worth ‘at least £1 billion’ and estimates that there were 2 million people who participated in sea angling in England & Wales in 2002.

This report can be downloaded from:

I will leave it to you to find out how much revenue our commercials in the UK and Wales is worth. As opposed to how much they waste.

RSA's the minority ? I don't think so.

Plus i prefer whitey to Cod
                          Last edited by Durham-Lad; 05-12-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X