Mixed bag at Druridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed bag at Druridge

Hi peeps. Not been out fishing for a while due to the strong west winds but just had to get out last night as cabin fever was setting in.

Small tides, west winds, not a good choice though!

Headed up to Druridge Bay in Northumberland for flatties and just maybe the chance of a bass or two. Hooked up with pal Sixo and Dave P on the beach and with a nice surf rolling in things looked spot on.

A six hour sesh on the beach gave us quite a few small bits and pieces including a couple of bass, whiting, coalies, flounder, turbot and rockling. Very enjoyable fishing with great company.

A couple of pics for you.

Bass for Sixo.

One for me! Get in.

Lots of small flounders about, some palm size, Dave P with the best.

All in all was a canny night topped off with a rarity for me, a small Turbot. Excuse the pic, Ha!, was blowing a gale and that turbot was about to turn into a mini kite.

Turned out better than I expected, tightlines, Dave.

good nights session and a mixed variety of fish nice to see ya back out fishing and keep the reports coming in

loverly fish them turbots shame the big ones dont show tho
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Good Sesh Lads

Well done on the mixed bag lads, I was going to have a sesh tonight but we have no kids so a sesh at the indians and some john smiths prevails........i'll be back at blyth at the start of the week (Cheers for the info dave)

Regards,

Swally

Comment

lovlie fish
        Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Nice one Dave.
          Lovely looking fish, the turbot.

Was there much weed about ? I might head there tomorrow night for our club match.
          Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Not much tony, a few bits and pieces now and then. Nice out of the way bay is druridge.

Comment

Well done lads not everybodys choice of venue
              KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Well done Dave some canny pics again. I was thinking i have,nt caught a Turbot then i remembered the postage stamp one i caught in Northern Island on one our comps. It must have only been two inches if that.

Mick.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Nice turbo mate.

Comment

Dave; next time you go fishing I want to know when and where because you have a knack of finding fish. Lol

Well done mate; and a great report with great pics, as usual.

Comment

still laughing at that last pick,ya couldn't draw a cartoon that funnynever had a turbot before,i didnt think they were that common up here???well done Dave ,comedy award and a well done awarded.

Comment

Brilliant!

I always look forward to your posts! I am out tomorrow South of the Tyne. Cabin fever is getting to me too. I admit to staying put also due to the flat seas and the Westerlies. I just need to get out now! My last session produced a 7.12lb Cod but I don't think I'll be holding my breath for another one of those in these conditions! Congratulations on your mixed bag, paricularly the Turbot in less than desirable conditions!
                        All the best, Wayne.

Comment

Well done lads.
                          Been meaning to get back up there might give it a shot ova weekend
                          www.home-improver.com
                          Where quality counts

Comment

Working...
                          X