Crawleys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawleys

Fished here today from 2 until 6 to break in a slosh 30 I got off eBay cheap! Slow start with a couple of rockling then as darkness fell the swell got bigger and the wind picked up a little. At about 16.30 as I was baiting up my next trace my rod was swinging off the tripod and nearly pulled in! I grabbed it and struck and after a couple of nice tugs it was well and truly snagged. I gave it some line but no joy. I kept pulling slowly and then a massive swell came in and freed it. The weight felt good and with a strong rip current it put up quite a fight. A few minutes later I had a nice plump winter cod of around 6lb at my feet. To say I was chuffed would be an understatement!!! Alas no more fish so and with it being bloody cold and the sea getting rougher I called it a night. Pity that fish couldn't have found me last week when I fished the open there! Bait used was frozen crab and makerel cocktail. Sorry no pics!

Great report Holl, nice when they come out of a snag and you land them.

Comment

Well done mate. Just shows it can happen at any time, keep yer eye off the ball and it could be goodnight vienna.

Comment

Aye, just a pity you don't catch em like this when it counts during a comp!

Comment

good report mate and a nice fish for your efforts
          Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Good for you fella well done
            When God made time he made loads of it.
            Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

some good fish to be had well done on getting in on some of the action, lets hope they hang around after xmas this year.

Comment

Where

IS CRAWLEYS
                KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

south of whitley pipe and north of cullercoats harbour. Just under a band stand type thing. Seems to be quite deep water if you cast north towards st marys or south towards cullercoats if you can get on the flat rock. Really rough though.

Comment

Cullercoats - NESA - North East Sea Angling - Sea Fishing UK

Comment

thats wat its al aboot

Comment

many thanks friend
                        KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

welldone tom nice fish mate
                          Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Well done!

Good effort on getting it out of the hold up! It can feel like there is nothing worse! The Crawley area has a selection of marks in the bay and is one of my favourite venues.
                            All the best, Wayne.

Comment

Well done mate - I've never managed anything decent size-wise from Crawleys, usually only bags of smaller fish. Nice piece of luck getting it out of the snag as well

Gary
                              ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                              on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Working...
                              X