• Quayside 3/12/11 - son's first fish

Fished for an hour an a half saturday PM,
    my 4 yearold son got his first fish, whiting just over 30cm,
    caught on a 6 foot spinning rod!
    he caught 8 in the end, but the 1st was the biggest
    all on rag with a sliver of mackeral
    Attached Files
    Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
    Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
    Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Crackin m8. He looks over the Moon!
    Notice you didn't mention how many u caught! Hope the youngen didn't give you a lesson mind! Ha...
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Well done to the young lad!! Nice to see young ones in the sport

Comment

Hahaha class mate every time ya go ya know he is going to want to go with ya.
        Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

My son now can't get rid ov him as stool him Cuppel weeks got nerly 3 got 9 fish good lad getting 8 ;D cracking fish to
          Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Well done that lad. Beats my first fish. A blennie out of Sunderland North Dock Corner on a hand line many moons ago and probably using herring. Oh no! It's my first catch report and I've given the shot away.

Comment

Originally posted by ar lan y mor View Post
              Fished for an hour an a half saturday PM,
              my 4 yearold son got his first fish, whiting just over 30cm,
              caught on a 6 foot spinning rod!
              he caught 8 in the end, but the 1st was the biggest
              all on rag with a sliver of mackeral
              theres nowt better mate watching kids get there get there first fish nice whiting for him as well i started mine off at that age and i still fish with them most weeks and there 26 and 24 yearls old
              well done to the little one

cheers pop65

Comment

Quaside 3/12/11-sons first fish

Well done the nipper. I wonder what youll say when you go for your gear and its gone

Comment

great stuff well done
                  AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

crackin fish that, bet ya son was lovin it gunna take my lil brother down there soon hopefully get him into some fish

Comment

good stuff, another one 'hooked' for life.

Comment

bring them on young its a gr8 sport for them
                        KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

thats how it started for me nowt better catching a fish at that age. crnt wait to take my lad out

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
                            Crackin m8. He looks over the Moon!
                            Notice you didn't mention how many u caught! Hope the youngen didn't give you a lesson mind! Ha...
                            managed to get a few myself but spent most of the time helping him
                            getting the hang of it but not tall enough to cast over the railings! doesnt help that the rods so short
                            only started fishing again as he wanted to have a go, 20 years since i was last fishing, stupidly sold of all my gear so having to start back up from scratch

bit of de ja vu, my first fish was a whiting fishing with my dad down at Barry, south wales when i was a similar age

Know its the wrong time of year, but are there any marks round newcastle that get mullet, my speciality when I was back down home...
                            Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
                            Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
                            Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Quality mate, the bairn looks chuffed to bits
                              When God made time he made loads of it.
                              Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Working...
                              X