Druridge 11/06/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druridge 11/06/16

Mark and I fished Druridge today hoping for a Bass or two. Fished from low tide up.

Mark started off with a good sized Dab, then a few Flounders, then a good Plaice, then a double shot with a Turbot and Flounder...!

While Mark was hammering all the flattie species, I was blanking

It was a long slow afternoon for me, but after a few hours I did manage to get a Dab but it was looking like we weren't going to get the Bass we came for.

As it got nearer high tide, the water started to fill the gully behind us, so we moved back and fished into it.

First couple of cast there, we both got those tiny flounders and thought we might end up just getting plagued by them, and we made the decision to leave at 7 o'clock.......

At 7 o'clock! Marks rod went, and he pulled in a Bass....

We decided to stay a little bit longer!.....10mins later this little Bass took my hook (12" flapper, size 1 manta).

Hard days fishing but we both got the target again, and Mark ended with 5 species.

(both Bass were lip-hooked and returned safely).

Last edited by andyco; 11-06-2016, 11:18 PM.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Excellent session Andy. Glad you both caught the bass!! That's a lovely looking plaice as well for Mark
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

nice going boys some nice fish there
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Canny session mate, great when the weather is not to clever and you don't have a thousand dog walkers.Well done Andy.9
        17lb 10 oz cod (shore)Beadnell

Comment

Nice fish m8 hoping to get a bass myself next month

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

well done andy and mark

Comment

Great report

Comment

Well done lads some nice fish landed and couple of bass always a good session when catching your target species

Comment

druridge

lovely place to fish with seemingly endless unspoiled beach.. so pleased that the plans for a nuclear power station to be sited there 30 years ago was shelved.

I remember one dark at the Creswell end having the rod nearly dragged out of my hand by a massive ''fish'' which pulled and jerked back and forth like a demon in the surf . I had to walk backwards up the beach with rod bent from the butt to land the monster .......which turned out to be the biggest ball of ''fighting kelp'' in the North Sea. If it had come off Id still be talking about that massive 30lb plus cod that got away 35yrs on.

Comment

Nice fish there, well done.

Comment

Working...
                    X