Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartley this afternoon

Evening

Got out for a few hours down Hartley today, to fish 2.1/2 hrs down and an hour up... Canny sea on, looked perfect.
    Wanted to get on the crescent, but as per my last visit I was too late, already well covered with 4 rods, both sides and middle!

So decided to try Hartley skeer, just past half way as I could clearly see the quiter gulley inbetween the californian waves. Was still heavy going mind.

Managed 1 sized codling, though I didn't weigh or measure it as I wanted to get it back in the swim asap as I had no intention of keeping.
    Got a canny sized velvet eater crab, which I put in the rocks by my side to keep me company until the tide come to pick it up
    Oh and about 6 weed monsters!

Was very heavy going today (Tide seemed to turn VERY quickly too), weed a pain in the ass but at least I came home only a hook down. Always a bonus not depositing lead in the sea

BTW, if the lad who was next to me for an hour when I got there is a member here, cheers for the bit squid again bud I didnt get a touch when I tipped off my lug with crab or mussel.
Working...
X