Blyth Beach 13/01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth Beach 13/01

Hit Blyth Beach again tonight - well I had to really with that nice sea on! Hooked up with a few mates & fished from 10pm and managed four fish for dead on 19lb - got the last one just after 1am & just couldn't get one more to take me over the 20lb mark....My mates cleared off just before 2 in the morning and I stuck it out till 2.30 but to no avail, so I had to make do with a picture of them lying on the beach....

Seen a few other fish pulled in but think my buddies only managed one between them. At this rate I'll soon have no mates left lol!

Cheers, Gary
    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

nice one mate we fished maggies burn nit a knock for me and sons blanked to where were you on beach up near middle toilets
    cheers pop65

Comment

Yes mate, meant to say, I was a couple hundred yards up from the middle toilets. Beach was pretty busy when I got down; seen loads of lights up at meggies which I'd quite fancied for the flood so decided just to stay put. All fish fell to straight lugworm again. Just weighed each one before cleaning 'em & they came in at 5-8, 5-1, 4-9 & 3-14

Gary

Comment

Nice catch mate. We went down to fish and forgot my waders so ending up moving to the harbour. Looks like I missed out. Got loads of lug though so I will give it a try tonight.

Comment

nice haul gary
          have you got a cloth

Comment

That is proper fishing, Gary! Superb pic too
            PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
              Yes mate, meant to say, I was a couple hundred yards up from the middle toilets. Beach was pretty busy when I got down; seen loads of lights up at meggies which I'd quite fancied for the flood so decided just to stay put. All fish fell to straight lugworm again. Just weighed each one before cleaning 'em & they came in at 5-8, 5-1, 4-9 & 3-14

Gary
              you made right decision mate staying where you were i didnt see one fish come out when i was there real trouble holding bottom as well spoke to local lad and he said middle would fish well last night as way sea was running from left to right i still enjoyed my night and will be back oot again tonight i think it will fish tonigh can but try
              well done on your catch mate

Comment

Just been down to blyth beach this morning still a little sea running so i might give it a go the night.whats the best time for that place tide wise??
                The only fish i want this year is a double figured cod!!!

Comment

Nice bag of fish Gary, The surf musta been crunching in.
                  Last edited by canman; 14-01-2012, 09:50 AM.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Very nice Gary, at work last night the thought of Blyth beach beach fishing it's knackers off last night was driving me insane.

Well done mate!

Comment

Originally posted by tilly View Post
                      Just been down to blyth beach this morning still a little sea running so i might give it a go the night.whats the best time for that place tide wise??
                      2hrs b4 low water and two back up mate so ive been informed
                      cheers pop65

Comment

Yes, surf was properly crunching in last night, but was easily fishable due to being a good size tide as long as you didn't try and start too early - a buddy called me just after 9 to say they couldn't hold bottom & I said it should be ok by about 10 when I headed down. As a general rule I like to get down about 2 1/2 hours before low & fish about 1 1/2 hours up, then the tide rip usually starts picking up again, so a session of about 3 1/2 to 4 hours is about right.

I'd love to know if anything got caught on the pier, as there were apparently loads of lads on early evening, so I was told.....

Gary

Comment

good session mate welldone

Comment

nice 1 gary mate. nice bag. was really quite down here last night .....

Comment

cracking fish gary, i hope your back was not sore this morning from me haversacking you? lol, i never weighed mine was around 3-3.5lb or so. got my confidence back after last week lol, just what i need in time for tomorrow and a bag full in the open (fingers crossed lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X