Blyth beach new pb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth beach new pb

fished meggies burn from 10.30pm got there early as thought it would get busy no one else there when i got there few fishing further up near middle toilets then as i got my forst chuck out it started to get busy with few more lads turning up
    hoping wasnt going to have repeat of fri night when i fished here and blanked it looked that way after about 2hrs me tripod rear leg lifted out of sand picked up me rod and line was solid wound in and struck stuck solid could feel knocking but couldnt move it tried letting line out changing angles any ways pulled to hard and snapped me line
    then not a knock untill 40 mins after bottom water just starting to flood and was talking to lads that were next to me tellinng them it was me last chuck they had nowt all night 3 of them and same thing happened again tripod leg came out struck into a nice codling at 6lb made sure i got this one well pleased and new pb for me
    this is my first winter back sea fishing after about a 20yrs and its been a canny one so far had few coddies out of the river and this was my first one from the beach and not bad after three beach sessions
    Got a sized whiting next chuck that had swallowed my 4/0 hook right down so kept that as well or it would of went back and that was it packed in at 3am as it was freezing -4 but still very enjoyable night
    baits used rag lug
    Click image for larger version

Name:	15012012082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1526354

Name:	15012012085.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1526355

Name:	15012012086.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1526356

cheers pop65
    ps pics arnt that good
    Last edited by pop65; 15-01-2012, 04:52 AM.

well done no ua pb nice fish

Comment

Pleased for you pop it was a little cold I tried middle toilets 10 - 2 ish and blanked fished two rods one with big lug and lug/peeler and one with three hooks lug and mackerel only one bite on the small baits all night which my 11 son was not impressed with and he was freezing!!!!

Three people fishing next to me had 2 or 3 codling not sure of size they looked canny oh well always next time

Comment

belter mate welldone
        Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Well done mate, nice reward for all the effort you put in.

Gary
          ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
          on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

well done on the pb mate nice looking fish

Comment

well mate have u caught owt with the salt rod yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by lolipop69 View Post
                well mate have u caught owt with the salt rod yet ?

yes mate theres a pic at top of the page of it well pleased with rod mate goes well with me penn 525 gs mag which together they pulled coddie in ne probs
                cheers phil

Comment

Originally posted by pop65 View Post
                  fished meggies burn from 10.30pm got there early as thought it would get busy no one else there when i got there few fishing further up near middle toilets then as i got my forst chuck out it started to get busy with few more lads turning up
                  hoping wasnt going to have repeat of fri night when i fished here and blanked it looked that way after about 2hrs me tripod rear leg lifted out of sand picked up me rod and line was solid wound in and struck stuck solid could feel knocking but couldnt move it tried letting line out changing angles any ways pulled to hard and snapped me line
                  then not a knock untill 40 mins after bottom water just starting to flood and was talking to lads that were next to me tellinng them it was me last chuck they had nowt all night 3 of them and same thing happened again tripod leg came out struck into a nice codling at 6lb made sure i got this one well pleased and new pb for me
                  this is my first winter back sea fishing after about a 20yrs and its been a canny one so far had few coddies out of the river and this was my first one from the beach and not bad after three beach sessions
                  Got a sized whiting next chuck that had swallowed my 4/0 hook right down so kept that as well or it would of went back and that was it packed in at 3am as it was freezing -4 but still very enjoyable night
                  baits used rag lug
                  [ATTACH]3854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3856[/ATTACH]

cheers pop65
                  ps pics arnt that good
                  nice one mate! fished back of the farm on friday night and not even a sniff.

Comment

Well done phil please you getting amongst some fish and setting a new pb keep pulling fish like that in you won't need to go back to the gym

Comment

well done m8 it was bad on fridaynight as u know but m8 managed 2x 3lb+ codling & missed quite a few aswell

Comment

sounds like a great night welcome back to sea fishing great fish

Comment

Belta well done mate
                          When God made time he made loads of it.
                          Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Originally posted by Billzo View Post
                            well done m8 it was bad on fridaynight as u know but m8 managed 2x 3lb+ codling & missed quite a few aswell
                            well done m8 we had nothing on friday night, two sons struck into two big fish and both lost them. they reckon it was about the same stamp as the one i had. what line was your m8 using on friday night. me son using F1 at just keeps snapping so he wants something stronger.

Comment

Well done on your pb mate.

Regards Rushy

Comment

Working...
                              X