amble open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amble open

fished amble open. 5 flatties. winner had 14 flats from warkworth. heaviest fish cod of 7lb. not many cod weighed in. bill emery had 2 nice cod from bog hall flat rocks. most flats taken from warkworth with the bigger ones from embleton beach. heaviest flattie a turbot of 2lb 9oz. 2nd heaviest flounder 2lb 4oz plus lots of flounders around 2lb which are big by any standard. word of praise for the officials of amble club who did an excellent job of organising the event. full results will follow soon.

The turbot and my flatty (2nd heaviest) both came from druridge. Some lovely bags further north though. Would have fished there myself but only switched to flatties as a last minute thing
    <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

open

well done forgot to mention duridge as lots of flats there as well. cracking flounder mate, would have won most years with that.

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog View Post
        well done forgot to mention duridge as lots of flats there as well. cracking flounder mate, would have won most years with that.
        I know mate - just my lukc that a turbot turns up lol

Comment

well done lads right tactics considering the conditions, i also had a canny flaty on the way back home that coastal road has some prety bad pot holes me and my mate opted 4 Beadnell and only managed 2 bites all day very surprised as i've heard its a very good mark aswell.
          Pb 13lb 14 oz Cod July 2016

Comment

we decided to fish cresswell beach for the first hour and a half in the hope of a few flatties then get onto the carrs hoping for codling, as luck turns out we both blanked, never seen 1 fish come in from the carrs and there were quite a few fishing there, better luck next year lol,
            Well done on ya flattie Darren mate

Spoke to John and Mathew about 6.30 at Mcdonalds ashington, they said they were going to warkworth, Congrats Mathew, you always seem to pull something out the bag every year mate
            FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Originally posted by Mogthemackem View Post
              The turbot and my flatty (2nd heaviest) both came from druridge. Some lovely bags further north though. Would have fished there myself but only switched to flatties as a last minute thing
              welldone darren all seems worth the digging
              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Cheers lads. We went to Lynmouth and were all geared up to fish there but it looked too flat so went to beach with my tippy sport lol. Should have put my ld in the car just incase but I'll know for next time

Comment

open

only 6 cod weighed in from over 550 entrants. think they may be going off to spawn as in previous years.

Comment

Working...
                  X