Finally my mate gets a coddy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally my mate gets a coddy!!!

Fished just down from the first gate last night with 2 mates. Fishing was dire for first couple of hours. Looked up to see my mate standing poised and ready to strike. He strikes into a fish and me and my other mate looked at each other realising the bend in his axcellerator was a good bend we went to investigate. He got the fish to the surface and we knew it was a good fish so i went clambering down the side of the pier to get my hands on it. Finally got the fish landed and a lad lent us his scales and it racked up at 8lb 9oz.
    Considering my mate has been fishing with me for 4 year trying to catch a cod and never managed it, i think this fish has finally done him justice!!
    Well done Jimmy lad Good things come to those who wait!!
    I do have a couple of pics but i cant get them on
    Bait used was lug and razor.

I also lost a cracking fish later on. My kompressor sport was bent double and was struggling to whinch the begger in on my 525 2. Almost got the fish to the surface when hooks and fish parted! Gutted
    Last edited by jp81; 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM.

Unlucky on your lost 1 bud. But gotta be Buzzin for ya m8!!! That's sum way to break ya duck !!! Belta fish!!! Be good if u can sort pics out. If there on ya fone send them to me an I'll stick them on...
    Steveo
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
      Unlucky on your lost 1 bud. But gotta be Buzzin for ya m8!!! That's sum way to break ya duck !!! Belta fish!!! Be good if u can sort pics out. If there on ya fone send them to me an I'll stick them on...
      Steveo
      I'm over the moon for him I said to him it can only get easier from here on in and later he gets another of 2lb!! The pics are on my phone mate, there not the best but i'll send them over anyways. Cheers bud.
      JP.

Comment

Crackin fish
        Attached Files
        GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Well done to ya mate, Will be out hunting for some of them on sunday night

Comment

a big well don to yr mate thats a nice fish

Comment

Nice fish. Were many fishing the slab area last night?
              Chris

Comment

Well done mate. First decent coddy is always a right buzz. Caught mine on an old fibreglass rod with brass rings i bought from a car booty. Fish was three pound and had the rod bouncing. Heart was in my mouth. Still get the same now. On rare occassions when i catch one.

Comment

Cracking fish, well done lads!!!!

Comment

well done mate beats my pb n av been sea fishing 18+years

Comment

well done.

Comment

Cracking fish lads!! Well done!!
                        Brian from Seaham

Comment

cracking fish for jimmy well deserved
                          Panel Pin Champ