Longsands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longsands

Well headed down to cullercoats as wanted to try south pier sea was rough and been told the rougher the better. got there and already four lads on so decided to try bottom of stairs at longsands.

got there setup went to put on some fresh mussel i collected on sunday but forgot me bait elastic so blow lug and yellow tails it was plus a few rag left over from weekend. casting towards slatey gut not even a nibble.

last cast struck into something started to reel in then got snagged up, kicking meself as should have maybe had a rotten bottem on, anyway caught nout so took the bus home.

heading down to get some bait soon then back out tonight for highwater with me brother and Pop65
    Species 2012 - Cod, Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Pollock, Eelpout, Common eel, Granny Fish, Whiting, Coalie, LSD, Rockling, Bass.

Originally posted by Sea_Troot View Post
    Well headed down to cullercoats as wanted to try south pier sea was rough and been told the rougher the better. got there and already four lads on so decided to try bottom of stairs at longsands.

got there setup went to put on some fresh mussel i collected on sunday but forgot me bait elastic so blow lug and yellow tails it was plus a few rag left over from weekend. casting towards slatey gut not even a nibble.

last cast struck into something started to reel in then got snagged up, kicking meself as should have maybe had a rotten bottem on, anyway caught nout so took the bus home.

heading down to get some bait soon then back out tonight for highwater with me brother and Pop65
    Sea Troot - if it was me who said rougher the better I was talking about the skeers, not the pier which is a particularly dangerous place at high tide in a big sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stores View Post
      Sea Troot - if it was me who said rougher the better I was talking about the skeers, not the pier which is a particularly dangerous place at high tide in a big sea.
      Quite right David; I was talking with Simon at Lewis's in Whitley only yesterday about it and he told me there are many people who come to the shop every winter looking to replace boxes of gear that have been swept away (got to be the no.1 shot for lost gear in the region!), and one or two have themselves been knocked over the back. It's one of those innocent enough looking places that only needs one rogue wave coming over the top....

Gary
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

well i did take a look had a walk along and it was 2 hours till high water and already it was looking a bit dangerous on the pier so i decided to do the right thing and just go to the beach. better safe than sorry.
        Species 2012 - Cod, Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Pollock, Eelpout, Common eel, Granny Fish, Whiting, Coalie, LSD, Rockling, Bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea_Troot View Post
          well i did take a look had a walk along and it was 2 hours till high water and already it was looking a bit dangerous on the pier so i decided to do the right thing and just go to the beach. better safe than sorry.
          Phew.....I must admit I was worried enough to check the pm's I'd sent just to make sure the info I'd posted was right. The North Pier's washed much more easily than the South but it's also more obviously dangerous. The shape of the South Pier seems to produce more rogue waves so beware.

Comment

Phew.....I must admit I was worried enough to check the pm's I'd sent just to make sure the info I'd posted was right. The North Pier's washed much more easily than the South but it's also more obviously dangerous. The shape of the South Pier seems to produce more rogue waves so beware.
            yeah info was spot on m8, like i say i knew by looking it was too risky to fish there so decide for longsands which i enjoyed and will be fishing again.

Comment

dont worry david and gary he wont be going any where thats not safe ive drummed it into him enough he,s got sense not to
              cheers pop65
              sea troots dad

Comment

Working...
              X