Spirit of South Shields 16/02/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit of South Shields 16/02/2012

Fished the Tyne last night 9pm - 2am slight breeze and water flat as a pancake. Caught an undersize codling on my first cast and was thinking this would turn out to be a fun session but then had nowt for the next two hours. High water came and went then I got a small whiting and about half an hour later I had a small knock and the line slackened slightly. I slowly tightened the line and felt a decent weight on the end so struck into it and started winding in. The fish stayed below the surface the whole way in so I couldn't get a look at it until I lifted it clear of the water. A nice codling my third of the season and also the biggest at 2lb 12oz. Well pleased with that one After that I had another undersize codling , a coalie 34cm and a couple more whiting largest 37cm. Fish caught on Rag&Squid and Rag&Prawn. All fish returned except the coddie. Fish and chips for tea tonight.

great report m8 well done good catch

Comment

Nice cod mate, Well done! Sounds like you had a canny session there.
      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Nice cach ! Happy Fishing !
        Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

You do like those prawn Mike nice one.
          In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
          Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
          Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Good report and a good session well done mate

Comment

Nice fish mate cracking report by the way where is the spirit of the Tyne is it the ferry landing??
              Zziplex zeteque txl
              Zziplex zeteque txl gt
              Saltist 30h bg x 2
              Penn fathom 15

Comment

Nice fish buddy well done. Always nice to get fish like that from that area
                South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
                  You do like those prawn Mike nice one.
                  Yeah and the fish like them too

Comment

Originally posted by louis268 View Post
                    Nice fish mate cracking report by the way where is the spirit of the Tyne is it the ferry landing??
                    Further up from the Ferry landing mate past the Alum House pub. It's the old Brighams and Cowans dry dock - the spirit is on one side of the dock and Codgers Corner is on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                    X