Inverkip shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverkip shore

Ok guys I know it's not the North East but just thought I'd post anyway.

With an absolute belter of a day yesterday, sunny and 21 degrees, which I can assure you we don't get very often up here, Lynn and I decided on a walk along the shoreline of the Clyde after work. It was absolutely gorgeous and Lynn took a wee spinning rod "to see if the mackerel are in yet." I did say it was too early, but hey ho.

Anyway after a lovely walk from Lunderston Bay to Inverkip, Lynn had a few chucks off the rocks. Well actually I did the casting, as she is still hopeless and she did the reeling in. Just a silver spinner with blue along one side, no idea what type, just 4 for £3 at local tackle shop. A nice weight though, giving a decent distance. After I had cast for her for the about tenth time, she hooks a fish. Surely not a mackerel? Nope, not a mackerel, a damn Sea Trout!

Jeez I have never caught one in my life and she catches one trying for mackerel and getting me to cast for her! Life is so unfair. Fortunately my phone was in the car and hers hasn't got a camera, so at least she hasn't got a photo that she can show to all and sundry and shame me - again!!

A lovely coloured fish of about 1.5lbs. Considered keeping it for tea, but was unsure of legal length, or indeed if it is even legal to keep them, so back it went, swam off at high speed. Lynn is delighted, so going back on Saturday with a picnic and on pain of death.... my camera phone!!
    Last edited by kayos; 23-05-2012, 09:45 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Well done Lynn, you never know what's out there, bet that trout was highly unexpected and a bit of a shock

I think you were correct with putting it back.

Comment

its nice to read reports from anywhere, let us know how it goes on sunday.

Comment

Inverkip.

Well Kayos m8 you cannot beat a woman can you so well done to her and you/ll probably learn more from her than what you can do yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswlong1941 View Post
          Well Kayos m8 you cannot beat a woman can you so well done to her and you/ll probably learn more from her than what you can do yourself.
          Mate I've taught her everything she knows(which granted isn't much!). She had never picked up a rod in her life until she met me. Now she out fishes me 90% of the time. So frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
            Mate I've taught her everything she knows(which granted isn't much!). She had never picked up a rod in her life until she met me. Now she out fishes me 90% of the time. So frustrating.
            and so it shall be world without end,for ever and ever amen

mark i dont know what it is with the lasses,im talking boat fishing here,but if there one on the boat,it almost guaranteed first fish most fish biggest fish
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
              and so it shall be world without end,for ever and ever amen

mark i dont know what it is with the lasses,im talking boat fishing here,but if there one on the boat,it almost guaranteed first fish most fish biggest fish
              Yup, I think I have beaten her twice in 15 charter trips. This was taken on her first Whitby charter and only her second ever, she won the sweep with this 12.5lb Pollack. She also had another double figure Pollack and two double figure Cod that day! The guys on the boat were none too impressed!!

She also stuffed me 19 to 2 on a mackerel session last Summer on Kilmun Pier and she can only cast about 20 yards, usually way left or right. Now that was embarrassing!
              Last edited by kayos; 23-05-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

well done to lynn and to you for expertly castin the spinner right on the nose of the trout(got to be fair)
                it doesnt matter if its the clyde or the tyne you still caught a fish mate
                by the way you have a pm

Comment

Id say that old sea trout is half yours buddy if ya chucked the spinner for her . Tell her ya knocked it out cos ya cast was that good it hit it on the heed ha ha . Well done to both of ya anyways as it beats knockin bleedin walls down as that was my task today for me sins
                  Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Working...
                  X