Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police heilcopter search sea with spotlight

Hi

I was out fishing Cambois last night with my brother in law, Sean, at about 01:00am the police helicopter made pass after pass searching the sea, back and forth from Church point Newbiggin, up to port of Blyth, until about 02:00am, hope everyone is ok and that no ne was swept into the sea. As for the fishing, only two fish caught, a 4lb cod on my first cast and a 2lb cod, (caught by my brother in law), on the second last cast. We fished to the left of the pipe as you face the sea, a reasonably big sea last night. Anyway l hope everyone is safe home from their fishing yesterday.

stay safe chaps
    Currently using: Grey's Apollo Mk1 with Ambassedeur 7000B, Greys Bass rod with 6500, Greys lure rod with low profile blue max.

Mick's 2019 Species List: codling, dab, flounder, Pollock, bass, whiting, eel.

It's about time the billy big bollocks who think they are invincible by fishing in anything took a step back and thought about what they are doing ! Some no doubt have wife and kids plus obvious other family, so why risk everything for a fish ? Not to mention the people who have to go out and search for them, putting their lives in danger in the process. Plus these are volunteers for Christ sake !

Come on people, think before you act.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

what an absolute to36a, read this today in the sunday sun, the helicopter found him huddled up behind cambois lighthouse, both lifeboat's were scrambled, all for a fish....!
      do these people not reallise the cost it take's for a full search, not to mention the brave people putting there live's on the line to rescue idiot's like this.
      I asked why cambois pier is no longer open to the public, well, there's the answer....!...

Comment

Right,

Cambois pier (blyth east pier) is probably safer than most rock skeers in heavy seas. Not sure of the conditions that particular day / night but plenty of experienced anglers have sought refuge behind the lighthouse, if and when the need arises.

Many angler's , old and young, have taken, and will continue too take risks to catch a fish, fishing in flat calm conditions isn't what normally produces fish is it?

That said i fished the pier earlier in the season, it is in a desperate state or repair , most of the railings have been removed and many planks are missing, I wouldn't advise anyone to fish it.

It was a great mark, still is , on it's day one of the best / most productive in the north east especially either side of top water, during or just after a good blow

Unfortunately now it is just too much hassle, gates , ladders etc , I can't see me returning anytime soon, but in all fairness , although it sounds dangerous, the worst thing about being stuck along the pier in a raging sea is boredom, completely safe seeking sanctuary behind the lighthouse, although if it's that bad it means you can't fish, so what's the point? knowing you'll have to wait a few hours until low water before you can leave safely- wasting valuable fishing time

regarding the RNLI- fantastic organisation who continue to save lives every day , and who all have my up most respect, but they choose to risk their lives, they do it for no financial gain, completely of their own free will, if they didn't want to , or weren't prepared to risk their lives they wouldn't ' - shouldn't volunteer.

ps- the RNLI shouldn't rely on charitable donations, they should be classed as an emergency service & financed by the government as such

in summary cambois pier is dangerous, but so are most parts of the coast during heavy seas- it's mainly the individual not the mark who are dangerous

Comment

well said.

Originally posted by paul davison View Post
          Right,

Cambois pier (blyth east pier) is probably safer than most rock skeers in heavy seas. Not sure of the conditions that particular day / night but plenty of experienced anglers have sought refuge behind the lighthouse, if and when the need arises.

Many angler's , old and young, have taken, and will continue too take risks to catch a fish, fishing in flat calm conditions isn't what normally produces fish is it?

That said i fished the pier earlier in the season, it is in a desperate state or repair , most of the railings have been removed and many planks are missing, I wouldn't advise anyone to fish it.

It was a great mark, still is , on it's day one of the best / most productive in the north east especially either side of top water, during or just after a good blow

Unfortunately now it is just too much hassle, gates , ladders etc , I can't see me returning anytime soon, but in all fairness , although it sounds dangerous, the worst thing about being stuck along the pier in a raging sea is boredom, completely safe seeking sanctuary behind the lighthouse, although if it's that bad it means you can't fish, so what's the point? knowing you'll have to wait a few hours until low water before you can leave safely- wasting valuable fishing time

regarding the RNLI- fantastic organisation who continue to save lives every day , and who all have my up most respect, but they choose to risk their lives, they do it for no financial gain, completely of their own free will, if they didn't want to , or weren't prepared to risk their lives they wouldn't ' - shouldn't volunteer.

ps- the RNLI shouldn't rely on charitable donations, they should be classed as an emergency service & financed by the government as such

in summary cambois pier is dangerous, but so are most parts of the coast during heavy seas- it's mainly the individual not the mark who are dangerous
          .got to say 100% agree with your reply paul.

Comment

People go sailing, walking, climbing, mountaineering, doing drugs at night clubs, shooting, horse riding, mountain biking, motor sports, martial art classes and even football. All sorts of stuff that gets you hurt or killed, yet anglers only seem to be the group that are considered irresponsible yet a helicopter rescue off a mountain is ok, to be picked off a pier makes you a dickhead, and the reason for that is mostly because piers and proms have been allowed to decline into such a state of disrepair that they are dangerous to use. Considering angling is one of the top 3 participation sports in the whole country this is a disgrace. Its about time local councils and port authority's gave us the thought and consideration we deserve. As I always say, we are an indigenous group of native British people whose life style is under threat from the modern world. If we were a Amazon tribe Sting would be having a concert to raise awareness and money to help our plight. But because we are a disparate group of north easterners we are thought less deserving and so ignored. Its about time we got together and made our plight known.

Rant over ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X