mog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mog

Hi back from my weekend at mog windy so decided to give plugs a miss had 2hrs Saturday night and 2hrs Sunday before dinner virtually a fish a cast Pollock were small 1.5 lbs but plenty of them, really big mackerel give me some fun on light tackle, as I was talking to a couple of anglers on the Saturday night from Blackpool way ( I think ) one guys rod went mental double shot of schoolie Bass on lug both returned but he seemed happy, Saturday night was near Terally Sunday West Tarbet.

nice one well dune
    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Nice session lads, cant beat plenty of sport.

Regards Rushy

Comment

Looks like you were kept busy!

Comment

Thanks I took some peeler for smoothies or bass but too much weed on the beach were I normally fish so made the best of it, bit since I've fished the rocks with having the dinghy but was surprised at amount of empty beer bottles and cans left, I'm slipping around sober

Comment

Aye, when we were up the MOG 6 weeks ago we notice lots of rubbish left... disposable bbq's and bait wrappers.... disgusting

Comment

nice report joe you must of been hoping to do the same as the last time with the smoothhounds pity about the weed
              Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

spot on Stan my mate tried Saturday night He dint fancy spinning he used lug just washing line of weed no fish he packed in about 11.30 admitted defeat in the end, I was spinning to about 11 the mackerel came on with a vengeance

Comment

your right about rubbish bottles and cans must be lighter when empty so why not take them back to a bin probables caught to many fish and couldn't carry it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-m View Post
                    your right about rubbish bottles and cans must be lighter when empty so why not take them back to a bin probables caught to many fish and couldn't carry it all.
                    It's all going to end in tears on the Mull.There's a sign on the left
                    hand side at the car park,in the field,which mentions rubbish.I was having
                    a chat with the farmer,two years back,and he mentioned the rubbish still
                    being left.The halfwits who leave their trash,when they decide to leave,don't
                    appear to realise that the majority of the fishing marks,on the SW Scottish
                    coastline are accessible,due only to the goodwill of the farmers/landowners,
                    and this access can and will be stopped,when they finally decide enough
                    is enough.I've personally witnessed farmers kicking off regarding rubbish,
                    gates being left open,inconsiderate parking,and other acts of ignorance,at
                    Borness,The Pinnacles,Whitorn,and the Mull,and believe me,try to get to them
                    if you're not allowed access through farmland,well you'll need to start saving
                    up for a second hand helicopter.

Comment

Originally posted by billynobaits View Post
                      Hit the nail on the head

The worst thing about it though is that 9/10 time its the 'Danglers' or 'Summer time specials' that cause the rubbish and hassle etc but it makes it look bad on all anglers because what is anyone else to know the difference. They just see people going fishing and presume we all the same. Any decent angler would have taken rubbish home with him, thrown bait in the sea and left the place looking exactly how he/she left it

Comment

Originally posted by billynobaits View Post
                        Depends how you read the Freedom to Roam Act (Scotland).

Totally agree with you though. I've just about given up on the 'popular' marks on the Mull and Whithorn, you just can't educate some of the scum who fish these marks.
                        Davy

Comment

Working...
                        X