Foggy Shields Pier 05/07/12 and 06/07/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy Shields Pier 05/07/12 and 06/07/12

I headed up the pier last night for a 3 hour session with the spinning rod 7pm - 10pm. When I arrived it was geet foggy and there were loads of people all over. I thought "jeez it's busy" but was then relieved to hear that the Port of Tyne bloke was locking the gate and had chucked them all off. That was great as it meant there was only a handful of us on there fishing and we had the pier to ourselves with not a lambrini bottle in site I set up at a spot just along from the blocks with a bag of the old faithful Zenith minnows. I caught four mackerel and lost another three on the retrieve.

I decided to get up early the next morning and head back to the pier at first light to try to get a few more. I fished from 4am until 7am and it was still very foggy and but with patches of rain including a full on thrashing thunderstorm mid way through and some nice lightning flashes. My luck was better today and I caught thirteen mackeral and three sand eels (two of which were foul hooked).

So not bad at all. Two sessions with a total of six hours fishing, 17 mackeral and 3 sand eels.

i love being on the end of the piers in heavy fog. feels like your in the middle of nowhere

Comment

A canny couple of sessions mate plenty fish for the freezer should see you through the winter, like the fogy photos as well

Comment

Well done m8t.........Zenith=deadly !
        John

Comment

them god damn sea tigers nah when to show when the lambrini boys leave welldone thunderpants
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

I was debating whether to go down last night aswell with the weather being canny during the day, but i thought i'd save it for Sunday morning. Good job i didnt Mike or my luck would have made all the fish vanish LOL. I did have a good maki spinning session down Bridport (Dorset) though!

Well done!

Comment

nice report m8 might try the early shift to avoid to drinkers sheilds pier seems to becatching more mackeral than roker is there any reason for it ?????????cheers
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON
              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

was ya not singing this when ya got down on ya own

Gazza Fog On the Tyne - YouTube
                Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
                  was ya not singing this when ya got down on ya own

Gazza Fog On the Tyne - YouTube
                  quality codseeker
                  KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                  PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                  PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                  OKUMA TRIO 55
                  YUKI RUBYMAR
                  RON THOMPSON TYRON
                  SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

omega 3's

Cracking bunch of oilies m8. Well done
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    tight lines and loose minds.

I used to be confused but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

tactics

Mike you weren't still on the minnows in the morning or were you?
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      tight lines and loose minds.

I used to be confused but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Foggy Shields

Well m8 i think you have been lucky catching mackerel in those conditions so well done m8.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrypicker View Post
                          Mike you weren't still on the minnows in the morning or were you?
                          No mate I was using a string of four daylights for the first couple of hours then switched to a minnow for the last hour once I had enough for the freezer.

Comment

Canny session this morning! well done.

Comment

nice report m8 nice to know i wasnt alone holding carbon in a thunder storm lol fished blyth had a few macky then the rain came and i went home

Comment

Working...
                              X