lynemouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynemouth

fished lynemouth south beach last night 2hrs before low and 4 hrs up talked to a lad coming off who told me his baits were coming in untouched even the crabs weren't hungry but after pulling in to the car park and realizing I had left my rod rest at home and having to go back for it I couldnt be bothered to find another mark in 6hrs fishing I got two bites the first was a slack liner and felt like a good fish till I got it in and it was a 1lb 1/2 with about 8lb of weed then a small tommy later on both on cart n lug cocktail .was nice to be out on a surprisingly mild night had the beach to myself with only a couple of lads fishing the pipe

It's nice to get out and try.

I know that I've left just about everything at home at one time or another - a few years back I was tackling up about a mile offshore and realised I'd brought a #5 weight trout fly rod instead of my 30lb class boat rod

Oh and it's always a little crushing to think you're into something decent only to land a record weed fish !
    Lost another rig

Comment

Oh and it's always a little crushing to think you're into something decent only to land a record weed fish ! [/QUOTE]
      carrier bag fish in the river are worse
      I bet dropping 12oz rippers with a 5 weight would be interesting

Comment

Keep trying m8, Lynemouth usually give's a decent catch, not long ago a friend of mine had a lovely bream from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
          Keep trying m8, Lynemouth usually give's a decent catch, not long ago a friend of mine had a lovely bream from there.
          making it my mission for this season to fish it as often as tides and weather permit and try and learn when it fishes best .so far this season Ive fished it twice and caught size codling both times last night it was 3/4hrs up and the other week it was near top water

Comment

Try the north end of Lynemouth towards Creswell / snab point. Some great holes up there (Railway / square hole) & you have boghall as well.

Much better than the southern end of the beach in my opinion

Phil

Comment

Try the north end of Lynemouth towards Creswell / snab point. Some great holes up there (Railway / square hole) & you have boghall as well.

Are they low water marks Phil?

Comment

Boghall is a low water mark, and personally i think the others I've mentioned fish better on the ebb / as it starts flooding. If it's a big tide the holes will empty out and become very shallow. People do fish them at high tide but I've had my best results 2 down / 2 up generally speaking

it used to be a pretty quiet place but recently people have had good results and plastered it all over facebook and every tom dick and harry seem to be down there. (at least it was the case last week when we were there)
                Last edited by Phil83; 11-10-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Cheers Phil. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by ecoli View Post
                    I bet dropping 12oz rippers with a 5 weight would be interesting
                    Haha luckily the skipper let me borrow a rod for just that
                    Lost another rig

Comment

Originally posted by ecoli View Post
                      Oh and it's always a little crushing to think you're into something decent only to land a record weed fish !
                      carrier bag fish in the river are worse
                      I bet dropping 12oz rippers with a 5 weight would be interesting [/QUOTE]

A railway sleeper, fighting as it bobbed about in a choppy sea was my worst.

Comment

well done

nice to be out the house mate

Comment

Working...
                        X