North Skeer, Whitley Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Skeer, Whitley Beach

I fished the top end of Whitley beach for an hour either side of low water last night, returning my only codling from the first cast. Bites dried up, before the fish started showing again on the flood. There wasn’t a lot being caught and patches of weed in a big swell made it hard work.
    Someone has lost a string of pots which were washing around the surf, still in good condition and waiting to be picked up.

Better than sitting in the house m8, well done on getting out, this weather has swamped many lobster/crab pots, so av been told.

Comment

nice one

yep been hard work eh ,,nice one in catching though think i will give another shot the mora ..

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
        I fished the top end of Whitley beach for an hour either side of low water last night, returning my only codling from the first cast. Bites dried up, before the fish started showing again on the flood. There wasn’t a lot being caught and patches of weed in a big swell made it hard work.
        Someone has lost a string of pots which were washing around the surf, still in good condition and waiting to be picked up.
        Sure it was North Skeer mate? I was there last night over low and got did all. I was the only one there too. Some lads on Middle Skeer and Little bay were doing well though. I saw a light up by the boat house at low water was that not you?

Comment

No it wasn’t me up by the boathouse. I started by the north skeer while it was still light, before anyone else was down. Then worked my way down towards the Rendezvous over a couple of hours, trying to avoid the weed as it moved around the beach. By the time I left there was at least a dozen other anglers spread along the north end.

Comment

me n my m8 were in little bay, weed was a pain
            have you got a cloth

Comment

I was at big bay had 3, tide to small for north skeer wasnt showing seen fish to my right, north wilkies.
              Just add water!

Comment

Working...
              X