Seaham pier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham pier.

3 times my m8 and I have fished seaham pier with two bites in total but have seen 3 porpoise at 300yds all3 times . Is it possible they could be frightening the fish away. Baits blacks yellowtails squid Mackie and fresh lug. Tried short and mid distance plus long shots from peg 32 to 48 and nothing so is anybody catching anything anywhere else.
    LOVE TO FISH, HATE TO BLANK. STAY AT HOME AND HAVE A BREAKFAST .....

Know the feeling marra,quess like most of us,atm just keep on trying.
    thanks for sharing..

Comment

the porpoise will also be hunting for fish , its nice to see them swimming close inn
      Last edited by dale19; 07-02-2018, 05:49 PM.
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by cast1out View Post
        3 times my m8 and I have fished seaham pier with two bites in total but have seen 3 porpoise at 300yds all3 times . Is it possible they could be frightening the fish away. Baits blacks yellowtails squid Mackie and fresh lug. Tried short and mid distance plus long shots from peg 32 to 48 and nothing so is anybody catching anything anywhere else.
        Hi mate doesn't make any difference with porpoises or seals nocking about close by had many a good bag of fish out in there presence pal Monday night the fish were giving them selves up the whole length of the pier mate
        try and time your fishing just after a decent wind from the east as it starts to settle down pal
        Weapons of choice
        ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
        Penn Mag 525 Slidey
        Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

north pier

Fished it Thursday night 4.30 till 10. Porpoises about no bites. When it got dark whiting came on 2 a cast got about 15 or more was, nt counting. My 2 mates also got their share and 3 dogfish. Also a seal came up the steps and lay on the pier for at least 4 hrs. While it, s on the pier it can, t catch fish So I guess you must have been fishing in daylight as plenty of fish on the pegs you used.So get back down in the dark. Ps only used frozen blacks and mackerel
          Big kev, fishing leg end
          weapons of choice
          99p fishing net from pet shop at bottom of church street

Comment

Sounds like you had a canny night Kev mate nice to see the dogs starting to show up
            well done for putting the effort in and get that new knee ran in pal
            Weapons of choice
            ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
            Penn Mag 525 Slidey
            Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
            X