Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shy Torque catches

OnWednesday 14th March 2007 these two anglers took 25 stone of cod

Last edited by Charlton; 18-03-2007, 07:47 PM.
    Alan

Did they eat it all?

Comment

Well done on the catch.

Was all 25 stone of fish boxed up (presuming it must of been to have been wieghed)?????. If so, why ? ...what is someone going to do with 12.5 stone of fish.

There's been plenty publicity recently about conservation etc etc. Would be nice to think that thats only a portion of the catch in the picture and the rest were returned alive to fight another day , or possibly even breed. (another well done if this is the case)
      Last edited by MickA; 02-04-2007, 03:27 PM. Reason: type

Comment

looking at the photos i put up, dont think all the 25 stone where there, if you look there are very few smaller codling which make up the bulk of catches this time of year, have a feeliong a good few went back. Remeber 25 stone when gutted and filletted do not leave a great deal, at least two thirds of a fish goes aftre cleaning, i could most likely polish off what was left in a couple of sittings.
        Alan

Comment

Aye seems a bit daft keeping all that fish unless you have a diet problem and can only eat fish. From past experience when I've been out on the boat, keep a couple of fillets for yer self, some to the mother, some to the mother in law and give the rest away to who ever will take it off y hands. That's why I gave up fishing like that about 15 years ago.
          "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Working...
          X