ultima F1 line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultima F1 line

just spooled the last of this line on the rest of my multies ultima F1 titanium! ive heard the black is a better line and i was dubious about the titanium but i cant fault it really just had it on one of my abu's to start with as im an old romantic and have used daiwa sensor for years but ive switched over to F1 now as it casts lovely and is nice and strong for a small diameter line! hopefully the F1 will get cheaper since ultima has went pop but its still a qaulity line for the price!
    any lads had good or bad experiances with F1??

I really like F1, casts great & great abrasive resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
      I really like F1, casts great & great abrasive resistance.
      yea forgot to mention the abrasive qaulitys mate haha!!

Comment

Are you sure its f1? Only had bad results with f1 i would say 20lb f1 is line 15 line snaps on clean beaches casts ok but not the best and as its low diameter line it should be casting line but its not i can cast 20lb sensor on a 525 around 200 yds 20lb f1 on a 525 about 180 yds so in my eyes its rubbish but thats my view much prefer night crystal for thin line and sensor for strength bit thick but 20lb sensor and a good knot to 80lb shocker takes some snapping

Comment

aye i heard bad things too but took a chance and it supprised me alot mate! it does the job for me at the end of the day phill thats all the matters to me really
          100% agree with you mate about the nite crystal though its lush line!

Comment

Originally posted by RL83 View Post
            aye i heard bad things too but took a chance and it supprised me alot mate! it does the job for me at the end of the day phill thats all the matters to me really
            100% agree with you mate about the nite crystal though its lush line!
            Thats it mate if everyone liked the same line they would only sell one type i know rutherford hates sensor

Comment

aye haha different horses and all that!
              you see phill thats the same thing with sensor love or hate lol!
              i still have one reel thats got sensor on it because iknow that will do the job everytime if others ever do fail
              whats daiwa tournament like as thats always mentioned aswell mate haha!!

Comment

Have seen line tests on about 20 different lines, rating them on strength, abrasion resistance etc & F1 was at or near the bottom.
                I thought Ultima had gone out of business though? Shame if they have as the Shockleader is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
                  Have seen line tests on about 20 different lines, rating them on strength, abrasion resistance etc & F1 was at or near the bottom.
                  I thought Ultima had gone out of business though? Shame if they have as the Shockleader is really good.
                  aye there gone mate which is a shame and very weird as there a big company aswell!
                  dont worry mate i have my trusty sensor at hand if it all goes pete tong lol!!

Comment

ultima may have gone but there are only four companies manufacturing mono for fishing - the same line will appear under a new marketing name!

Comment

Everyone's got their favourites...and pet hates! F1 falls into the latter for me. I tried it in 15lb & 35lb in the titanium. I first put the 15lb on my 7HT mags when they first came out & went for a little session on Blyth beach. First cast, seemed to cast nicely, sat in the tide ok with a nice bend in the rod tip. After about five minutes tip sprang back in a classic slack-liner....however, I reeled in to find not a fish, but my rig, leader & about 50yds of mainline gone. Chucked out with the other reel & exactly the same thing happened again, so I packed in & went home.

When I tried the 35lb stuff up at Newbiggin one day, it took only the slightest brush up against a rock for the line to snap at that point when pulling from a snag. With a second reel on, I found that when snagged again, this time with no weak point in the line, that I had to walk back for miles pulling for a break - it was stretchy as hell!

So I binned the lot. Friends I know who do use the stuff, and seem to like it, are all using the black stuff - so maybe there's something to be said for using the different colour....but personally I wouldn't even use the stuff for rotten-bottoms

Only stuff I liked from Ultima was their Powerflex shock-leader.

Gary
                      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

aye gforce mate its ok for me as i only fish the tyne now!
                        your right mind the titanium is the poorer of the two judging by reveiws and forum.chat but it seems to be doing good for me at the moment but you will sharp know if it goes all up the wall haha!!
                        i would never get rid of my sensor though as ive used that since i got my first multi nearly 15-16yr ago and thats never let me down mate!
                        thats always in my tackle box!

Comment

[QUOTE=g-force;569538]Everyone's got their favourites...and pet hates! F1 falls into the latter for me. I tried it in 15lb & 35lb in the titanium. I first put the 15lb on my 7HT mags when they first came out & went for a little session on Blyth beach. First cast, seemed to cast nicely, sat in the tide ok with a nice bend in the rod tip. After about five minutes tip sprang back in a classic slack-liner....however, I reeled in to find not a fish, but my rig, leader & about 50yds of mainline gone. Chucked out with the other reel & exactly the same thing happened again, so I packed in & went home.

When I tried the 35lb stuff up at Newbiggin one day, it took only the slightest brush up against a rock for the line to snap at that point when pulling from a snag. With a second reel on, I found that when snagged again, this time with no weak point in the line, that I had to walk back for miles pulling for a break - it was stretchy as hell!

So I binned the lot. Friends I know who do use the stuff, and seem to like it, are all using the black stuff - so maybe there's something to be said for using the different colour....but personally I wouldn't even use the stuff for rotten-bottoms

Only stuff I liked from Ultima was their Powerflex shock-leader.

Stuff i used was the Black one. Mainly for its thin diameter. Soon binned it, couldnt stand the stuff. It always looked & felt to have a twist in the line.

Comment

Must admit I'm no fan of Sensor either...

Gary
                            ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                            on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
                              Must admit I'm no fan of Sensor either...

Gary
                              hahaha!! just my luck then mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X