Hendon,marks and directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendon,marks and directions

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the best marks at Hendon, been on Google Earth and coming into Grangetown from Ryhope and turning right onto Ocean rd, seems to take you right down to a ,(what seems a very long) promenade. I dont know any of the local names for any of the marks, so could you guide me to them if you could . and where to park ,thanks.any bait tips would help as well

You can fish anywhere up the prom but best to pick a mark between groins where you can lift your gear back over the blocks. Mostly sand but first bay next to broken wall is rocky and last bay at the end is the same. Mostly catch the lesser spotted tampon. lol

Comment

best fished over high water,on a big tide, very poor in the summertime, you might get flounder and the odd plaice, winter cod fishing is the time for hendon a big heavy dying sea does bring the cod in , if you drive down you will see the hotspots as there will be people fishing them , rocks in front make it diffucult lifting fish up , low water can produce fish to, but imho better over high tide, long casting is essential in day light , but the cod come in close in darkness

Comment

Thanks,had a look down today(sat), And see what you mean about the boulders, but at low tide today,I got a couple of spots,marked out and the car parking is great.If there is any fish there its an ideal access spot

Comment

It's a comfy winter spot does not produce the fish it used to years ago but still has its days but like I say if you like fishing out the car and putting the time in you will get fish in the winter without doubt. Like cod magnet says dying sea I l like to fish it 3 up 3 down distance does get you more fish but have seen good fish come out less than 100 yds in daylight. Night fishing is better there.

Comment

hendon

Make sure you stay near your car,you wouldn't want to get it burgled or burnt out

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
              Make sure you stay near your car,you wouldn't want to get it burgled or burnt out
              It's not that bad I used to leave my van on the prom and fish from the beach all the time day light and night time get the odd person down but not as bad as people who don't fish it often make out

Comment

great mark on a dying sea so worth getting ya car pinched for some gud fish
                Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
                  It's not that bad I used to leave my van on the prom and fish from the beach all the time day light and night time get the odd person down but not as bad as people who don't fish it often make out
                  fish henson.all the time.on beach and prom leave me motobike on the prom.while on the beach no.nobs get dosn there any more just people walking dogs or fishing nice quite place to.fish
                  HANDLINE

Comment

this phone dosent nar when to press the right button spelling lol
                    HANDLINE

Comment

hendon prom

Must have been a strong wind that blew the windows out of my car and nicked the sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
                        Must have been a strong wind that blew the windows out of my car and nicked the sound system.
                        How many moons ago?

Comment

Hendon

How many moons ago?
                          Cant remember exactly,about 104 but of course youll know you seem to know everything else.

Comment

Haha fishing hendon I know a fair bit as I fish it Alot and I know years ago it was a problem but not the past few years and as for the bitchy comment not required
                            Trying to help a fellow fisherman out as people will try to put him of a mark when they ain't fished it for years

Comment

Working...
                            X