akios shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akios shuttle

hi guys i have just bought a akios shuttle ,only used it a few times ,last use i cast out great ,but reeling it back in ,it was sticking ,grinding and then it was ok again ,wondering if anyone else has had this happen to there reel or any ideas ,cheers

I've had that problem when I managed to get sand in my reel mate , try cleaning it first . The anti reverse was the part I had problems with on the shuttle

Comment

i will strip it down in the morning ,but should be no sand in it as i was fishing from the pier lol ,but you never know ,but thanks for the reply

Comment

Sounds like antireverse bearing nacked

Comment

hi mate ,how can i tell if it is knackered ,it is only 2 months old used a half a dozen times

Comment

The one I bought broke on the first cast the shop replaced it and then that broke . That was enough I got a refund . They cast nice but pretty poor internals

Comment

If you're not confident taking them apart then best to give it to someone to have a look at for you.. Most tackle shops would probably have a look at it for you

Comment

Very poor build quality they will not stand the test of time internals poor and externals just as bad

Comment

If it's only 2 months old then take it back to the shop where you bought it, they should sort it out for you.

Gary
                  ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                  on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

will take t back monday ,had a look inside and there is grating on the back side of the spool where the clicker is ,no sand etc ,thanks guys for your help

Comment

Originally posted by dEKS View Post
                      hi guys i have just bought a akios shuttle ,only used it a few times ,last use i cast out great ,but reeling it back in ,it was sticking ,grinding and then it was ok again ,wondering if anyone else has had this happen to there reel or any ideas ,cheers
                      i just got rid of my 666 shuttle, could not get on with it at all
                      Highly overrated and over hyped reels in my opinion
                      I didnt have any problems with grinding but i found the reel to be a bit of a pig, didnt cast particularly well, wasnt that smooth on retrieve and i found the looks ugly/old fashioned
                      I reckon its another case of magazine reviews way overestimating tackle and then anglers (mysely included) falling for it
                      saying that i know a few that are more than happy with them, personly i think there overpriced sh**e

Comment

i bought it from a shop i use ,the guy that runs it swears by them ,so took his word ,as i have the s line version too ,and that reel is a great reel never lets me down,but this shuttle ummm not happy with it at all twice the price of the s line. well it is going back in the morning and i will be asking for my money back

Comment

took to the shop today ,Andy took a look at it ,says thats the first he has ever had back and he has sold loads ,swapped it for a new one but got the 666 this time ,took to the beach to try and boy does it go lol smooth and fast ,thanks guys for all your input ,cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X