Boat reel recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat reel recomendations

Looking to buy a boat reel for inshore wrecking and rough ground work with the occasional trips to deep water wrecks. Bit of a general work horse really.
    What do you recomend fellas. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
    When God made time he made loads of it.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

My mate has a tld 15 and they seem very good reels can pick them up for £85 new around £45-50 second hand
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Thanks mate first one to look at

Comment

I've never really owned a "good" boat reel always managed with cheap okuma reels. Just bought a silstar lever drag for £5 see how it fairs. I've been trying to get my hands on a tld myself but missed out by £1 on a tld 10 on eBay.
        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

As said, the Shimano TLD15 sounds about the right choice for what you require. Well priced & good quality.
          Tight lines
          Davy

Comment

I was recently in ID Tackle and the subject of boat reel reliability was being discussed. The tackle shop owner stated that he gets many boat reels returned within their warranty period and many reels brought in for service and/or repair. In his opinion, based upon reliability and all round durability, the reels that came out on top were those in the Daiwa "Sealine" range.

Comment

diawa sealine 400h or sealine 450h been using for a few years now good solid reliable reels they bring double figure fish up easy.

Comment

tld 15 all day every day,for general boating trips
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
                  I've never really owned a "good" boat reel always managed with cheap okuma reels. Just bought a silstar lever drag for £5 see how it fairs. I've been trying to get my hands on a tld myself but missed out by £1 on a tld 10 on eBay.
                  David you can have a Penn 330GTI or a Diawa Firewolf 47X from me for £40. Can bring it with me when we come down. I had thought they were sold on Fisherman's locker, but just a timewaster. Both in great nick. I bought a couple of Shimanos, so need rid of the others.
                  2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

penn 114 [bombproof]or similar with 80lb braid on with mono shockleader the dogs danglies and ive boat fished for years,av had bother with mitchell and diawa sealinesatb plum
                    did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                      David you can have a Penn 330GTI or a Diawa Firewolf 47X from me for £40. Can bring it with me when we come down. I had thought they were sold on Fisherman's locker, but just a timewaster. Both in great nick. I bought a couple of Shimanos, so need rid of the others.

Thanks for the offer mark but I just can't get away with level winds.
                      PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                      PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                      PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Thanks for the info lads much appreciated, am goin to be using a Diawa Saltist Braid rod 12-30lb
                        Last edited by Budgie; 08-04-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Why not just pair ya rod up with a saltist reel then bud?? Get a bg 30 get enough braid on that to do what you want?

Comment

I have a saltist 50 and a saltist 30 u will not get better for the money exensive but loverly reels and like winches winches

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads

Comment

Working...
                              X