mag 2 tourney magged up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mag 2 tourney magged up

how much for mag 2 tourney magged up please ??

and best place for it to be done please

Comment

just cos a think standard brakes are s..t haha propper

Comment

bump ..

Comment

There is nothing you will improve my changing the mag to a knobbly.. However if you want it doing will probs need a new sideplate built especially for it.. Never seen them as like I said.. They're not needed..

Comment

cheers pal as just think the brakes are a bit wild standard like pal

Comment

They're very user friendly. Once the reel is set up correctly then you won't need the tourney mag
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

You can't do it as the side plate on a penn mag2 already has the adjuster for the mags on it. You could possibly take it through the ratchet but it would look stupid with 2 sets of mags.

Comment

I looked into doing it a while ago. I had the side plate completely stripped and like already mentioned is nye on impossible. The only thing that I could see possibly improving the design is fabricating a knobby to fit the original dial....thus using the original mags the reel is a good fishing reel standard, if the brakes are a bit wild do you mean they don't control aswell as you'd like? ??? Could you not put a tad thicker oil in the bearings to help counteract the problem? ?? Or look at what space you have to play with and see if you could alter mag housing to accommodate larger mags., you could ring pmr and ask him?..if it can be done he will know
                  Last edited by spongebob; 09-05-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by payney2012 View Post
                    cheers pal as just think the brakes are a bit wild standard like pal
                    Something must be a miss somewhereI have both the 515 n the 525 mag 2's n tbh they have the best braking system I have ever seen on a reelthe build qlty may not be as good as the older penn mag's but the braking system is far far superior.I personally can not see wot a knob would improve things over the current dial,which can be turned during the cast if u choose to.As 4 not very controlable,can't see howif u want your reel slow turn the dial up(increase the mags)n do the opp if u want your reel to run faster.
                    U have got the end float set right havn't u n r running on a decent oil,it really is that easy to set upHope this helps n good luck with the reel

U can't beat e'm.
                    Last edited by hound hunter; 09-05-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

the whole inside the case was caked in grease mate must of been factory grease they supply standard

Comment

Working...
                      X