Keeping Ragworm LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Ragworm LOL

Who says its difficult to keep Ragworm alive?
    Tuesday night came in late & put Rag in the Fridge, one half Worm I threw next to the Lawn for the Hedghogs lol.
    Just cut the Lawn about 5pm today & noticed it still there, so picked it up only to see it still wriggling like mad. Put it back in Fridge in a bit water & the Bugger went crazy lol. Had Rain & Sun on it for 2 days. Mind you, if nowt wanted to eat it what chance have I got of getting a bite?

suppose youll have more chance in the SEA as on your lawn of catching a fish.LOL.

Comment

Ah but where did you get it from?

Saturday before last I bought 2lb of ragworm from my old local shop in Portsmouth, used 1lb on the Saturday evening and ended up bringing the other lb home with me on the Monday. 340 miles in the back of a hot car, back in the fridge once home late Monday evening and ended up using it on Thursday at South Shields. Opened the paper and it was as fresh as the stuff I'd used on the Saturday before.

Bought two packets of rag from a well regarded local shop last Saturday (not where I usually get my worm - that will teach me), straight home and in the fridge. Arrived on Seaham pier next day for the match (less than 24 hours from the shop), unwrapped the worm to find half of it dead and the rest in a right old state...
      CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Dug fresh just for me Stewart.

Comment

Bob ya havent converted ya front garden into a beach since I was last at yours have ya? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
            Bob ya havent converted ya front garden into a beach since I was last at yours have ya? Lol
            Na, still the same Gary lol. Pity though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
              Ah but where did you get it from?

Saturday before last I bought 2lb of ragworm from my old local shop in Portsmouth, used 1lb on the Saturday evening and ended up bringing the other lb home with me on the Monday. 340 miles in the back of a hot car, back in the fridge once home late Monday evening and ended up using it on Thursday at South Shields. Opened the paper and it was as fresh as the stuff I'd used on the Saturday before.

Bought two packets of rag from a well regarded local shop last Saturday (not where I usually get my worm - that will teach me), straight home and in the fridge. Arrived on Seaham pier next day for the match (less than 24 hours from the shop), unwrapped the worm to find half of it dead and the rest in a right old state...
              I'm sure some shops will have worm in their fridge for a good few days cutting down on its shelf life when you get it home. Sometimes its fresh and lasts for days on end....Luck of the draw I guess...
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

lol

ive just found 1 in my garden near the drain from 2 days ago while washing my trays still alive its now back in the tray with the rest

Comment

Working...
                X