Valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuation

Is it permitted to ask members for a rough valuation on fishing gear?

I'm not sure the mods would allow it as it could be a way of getting round the forum rules?

you could always pm one of them, and see what they say, but obviously you cant sell it here until you have met the requirements of the forum rules mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
      Is it permitted to ask members for a rough valuation on fishing gear?
      can't see why not mate

Comment

Go for it, We'll just delete it if it turns out to be a "selling" thread or people start making offers.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
          Go for it, We'll just delete it if it turns out to be a "selling" thread or people start making offers.

Thanks.

I'll go through it all tomorrow, as I'll need to check it all over, but here are the main bits as I remember.

Off the top of me head I have two beachcasters, one tip tornado grand prix the other an Abu with a new tip section as I smashed the original. A couple of multipliers both Abu, one 6500 Elite and one 7000. Two old Spelio lamps, one big one (large battery pack) smaller (integral battery in the head webbing). Two flotation suits, both Sundridge, one well worn, one hardly used. And lots of other bits n bobs, including big seat box etc etc. .

I'd love to get back out and do some fishing but my health is stopping me. All I can manage these days are a couple of macky sessions with a light spinning rod.

Cheers,
          Gordon.

Comment

I dug the best bits out tonight and give them a dust off.
            The two rods are in good working nick as are the two reels. The 7000 has some wear and tear marks, the 6500 is in better nick.

I'm charging the batteries for the lamps to see if they still work. The biggest Anglers lamp still had some charge and it lit no problem. I know this brand of lamps are still a favourite amongst cavers, but I'm not sure if they still favour the halogen bulbs, so I have no idea if they're still of any use these days.

Any info appreciated.

atb, Gordon

Comment

Surely you have some sort of idea as to what there worth. !!
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
                Surely you have some sort of idea as to what there worth. !!
                Not really mate. It's been over ten years since I bought any serious fishing gear. I know the Tip Tornado was over £200 back in the day but I don't know if these rods are still used nowadays, hence my post!

Comment

Thanks to Mick (endurothumpers) for his advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                    Thanks to Mick (endurothumpers) for his advice.
                    No problem Gordon you should do well with them.

Comment

good rods should sell them nee bother

Comment

Working...
                      X