Asso ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asso ultra

Anyone use or tried ASSO ULTRA line, filled my spinning reel with the 15lb b/s
    line, casting a 60g spinner and got snap after snap.

Hi Stevie,

A certain large tackle shop(s) seems to be promoting this line the past 3-4 months. I had the exact same problem, using the same set up as you described (non-fluro type)
    It also snapped my main line at one point so zero abrasion tolerance aswell.

On the flip side I bought some of the new Yuki line from Moonfleet and its brilliant, I also tried the 50lb braid and so far no problems at all.
    Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
    CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Wont be using it again Liam, checked the line when taking it of the reel when
      I got home, couldn't find or feel any nicks or faults in it, so just crap line I suppose.

Comment

15lb not a bit thin? Asso is the manufacturer of most mono lines including ultima.

Comment

Wouldn't have thought it a bit thin for a 60g spinner Pighunter.

Comment

I had some 20lb stuff and had two weak snaps... Thought it was just my spool but maybe not! Quickly replaced....
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Strange as I used the asso hard skin nearly all winter in 20lb with &0lb leader and it has brilliant abrasion, plus sometimes when going for the snap embarrassingly strong.

Comment

Bollocks.....just loaded my Navi with 20lb Asso Red going to try it tonight
                Mind I gave a good stretch when I tied the shock leader it seamed ok....well I'll soon find out tonight

Comment

Originally posted by nunthorpe mag View Post
                  Bollocks.....just loaded my Navi with 20lb Asso Red going to try it tonight
                  Mind I gave a good stretch when I tied the shock leader it seamed ok....well I'll soon find out tonight
                  Sounds like you might be ok looking at Phil's post, the red one is the hard skin type he mentioned...if I remember correctly. I have not tried that one.

Comment

Well Asso Red passed the test pulled in loads of weed last night was bloody knackered.........getting to old for this ****

Comment

Originally posted by nunthorpe mag View Post
                      Well Asso Red passed the test pulled in loads of weed last night was bloody knackered.........getting to old for this ****
                      I guess that confirms to go for the "hardline" stuff then. The red one must be the next step up from the "smart price" me and Stevie tried

Sometimes it can just be a bad batch of line, I had an awful experience first time out with power pro 66lb braid, probably the most popular braid in the world - it was snapping with 3oz weight every time. After hearing so many people give positive reviews and seemly the only person in the world who didn’t like it, I thought I'd give it another go a few months later and sure enough no bother.

Thanks for sharing your findings mate

Comment

The ultra is the more expensive version of hard skin stuff. Got a spool in house which I blagged from a well known shop in mackem land. It looked like ultima f1 to me.which I thought was crap.

Comment

Working...
                        X