new reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new reel

Hi guys , i need some advice .I am going to to buy the shimano torium 14 , or the daiwa saltist 30 but i cannot decide which one to go for ? I will be fishing mixed ground with it . Thanks in advance for any advice i receive , cheers .

Seen u fish mate better off with a hand line or fishing net lol
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

i might have known Mick just wait till Saturday , lol .

Comment

I've had both & would go for the Saltist every time - I found the Torium painfully slow & a fair bit more fiddly to service (I particularly hated the spring/pin thing that you had to relocate in the shaft under the star-drag when re-assembling).

If you're considering the Torium though, I'd probably recommend the Saltist 20 as an equivalent, holding much the same amount of line - the 30 is bigger & more suited to heavier line. I use 0.40mm or thereabouts on my 20's & 0.50mm or so on my 30's.

Gary
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply and give me a greater insight into this reels I am now going to to do a bit more research as you have given me a lot to think about , thanks G-Force , much appreciated m8 .

Comment

Never used the torium mate but the saltist a are really good reels. I doubt you would be disappointed if you bought one.
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

If its for mixed ground I have a Saltist 20 and would highly recommend it. It was my first choice reel when I fished Norway earlier this year. It casts well and strong as an ox.
              A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

Have you considered the penn fathom? Very very good reels and a lot cheaper than the saltist.. 130ish at Rutherfords

Comment

Working...
                X