New to all this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to all this!

I'm not sure this is where it's supposed to go but I thought I'd introduce myself

My name is Steve, I'm 49 (clock's stuck on 19 inside) married with a couple of grown up (ish) kids. I live near Rowlands Gill in Tyne & Wear and I've just got back into sea fishing after a break of at least 20 years.

I got into paddling Canadian canoes about 4 years ago and currently own a Nova Craft Prospector, though this should be being sold on Saturday and replaced by a sit on top, probably a perception freedom but possibly an Ocean Kayak scupper pro.

So I'll be going from this:

to something more like this:

or this;

with a bit of this:

thrown in for good measure

I've been paddling a few sot's over the last week, 2 Shakespeares, & 2 Emotions last Saturday at North Shields, all a bit pricey for my pocket but top class boats and also available for hire too

Then today, I was up at Amble, paddling a Perception Freedom angler, just on the Coquet so didn't really get as good a test as the others but I actually found I liked the Perception and its more within my budget too.

Whatever happens, I should be paddling my own sit on top by Sunday. I've found that what I want to do fishing wise, I can't really do with the canoe, so a sit on top will cover me for sea fishing as well as a bit of loch, lake and quiet river paddling too.

Anyway, it's nice to see a forum that's based up here and is full of information relevant to the area. I'll probably ask a few dumb questions till I get settled but I'll just as likely keep asking dumb questions after that too

I'm kind of hoping to tag along with one or two other sot anglers from the region, both for safety on the water and to re-learn the tricks of the trade

thanks for having me and tight lines to all

cheers

Steve

welcome to the site great post keep em coming
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Thanks lingking

I've got my new boat anyway, a new perception freedom "expedition", the one with two large hatches. I got a couple of flush fit rod holders to fit myself and I'll no doubt add a few bits and bobs over the months to come.

The prospectors gone to a new home and I'll never get one as good as that again but I'm hoping to get more use and enjoyment from the new boat so what the hxll!

cheers

Steve

Comment

Welcome aboard matey and good luck with your new toy and your fishing.
        In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
        Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
        Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Steve, most of the yak lads go on anglers afloat where i replied to your post in the welcome thread, dont think you have picked up on it.Keep an eye on the lets meet on that site as all the lads are approachable and will make you welcome and give you a multitude of advice/information ............Dave.

Comment

Welcome to the site mate.

Toppa first post.
            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Thanks for the welcome lads, I'll check out AA Dave thanks again

atb

Steve

Comment

Working...